DCs More Frequent Since Podcast?

It feels like ever since that podcast about de-ranking and disconnecting that the DCs are more and more frequent, people are Disconnecting for no reason or for childish baby reasons just more than usual. I mean it happens of course but it feels like it's happening WAY too often. I blame that damn podcast and the whole discussion of that Twitch streamer(don't know their name) about how they DC to get better games. I think it brought the subject into the light more than it ever was. I could be wrong of course but that's my theory.

These frequent DCs need to stop, it's making the game unplaying for Killers and other Survivors who choose not to DC because they actually want to play. I shouldn't have to feel like I've done something wrong because my Survivors DC after getting downed in 15 seconds because they suck so bad. And I shouldn't have to get punished by inconsiderate privalged Survivors who DC and leave me all alone to get chased by the Killer. Though when that happens they usually farm with me so that's cool.

And yes, before you say it, yes I think when a Survivor DCs it's funny, it's on them, but when the ENTIRE team follows in tandem seconds later because they don't want to play without a full team and they feel it's OK to DC then it's not funny.

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • I'm usually a 50/50 player but I solely played killer today and actually had disconnects every game with no exception even though I'm running a casual bloodpoint setup today with no intention of winning at all costs. Not sure what's going on. Someone even messaged me after disconnecting saying "you will never get my toolbox". 🤔
  • Wouldnt surprise me if some people were de-ranking for the event to face weaker opponents. Ive actually seen less survivor dc's in my games but more killers which is very unusual. I had 3 killer dc's in 5 games earlier.

    Lock ranks so no de-ranking, is it possible? 

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Wouldnt surprise me if some people were de-ranking for the event to face weaker opponents. Ive actually seen less survivor dc's in my games but more killers which is very unusual. I had 3 killer dc's in 5 games earlier.

    Lock ranks so no de-ranking, is it possible? 

    I think a few streams ago the Devs said something about this, like maybe they had something planned? Maybe Disconnecting on purpose shouldn't derank you? Losing Rank isn't punishment if they want that.

  • @Yamaoka said:
    I'm usually a 50/50 player but I solely played killer today and actually had disconnects every game with no exception even though I'm running a casual bloodpoint setup today with no intention of winning at all costs. Not sure what's going on. Someone even messaged me after disconnecting saying "you will never get my toolbox". 🤔

    Privlaged trolls who think they're important.

  • I've never really seen derankers in red ranks on Xbox until the last few weeks, where I've run into several deranking survivors (both and killer and survivor) and twice the same deranking killer that would wait until the game loads and quit when the game starts. I blame the podcast for this because it really was never a thing on Xbox.

  • @HatCreature said:

    I think a few streams ago the Devs said something about this, like maybe they had something planned? Maybe Disconnecting on purpose shouldn't derank you? Losing Rank isn't punishment if they want that.

    Truth has been spoken, thank you.

    Losing pips and rank is really not a punishment at all, if anything, it is a reward. I don't understand why they keep going with this formula.

    If you want to prevent DCs, survivors or killers should lose X amount of bloodpoints since bloodpoints are one of the main reasons why people keep playing the game. Then there you go, DC rate will drop immensely.

  • @HatCreature said:
    It feels like ever since that podcast about de-ranking and disconnecting that the DCs are more and more frequent, people are Disconnecting for no reason or for childish baby reasons just more than usual. I mean it happens of course but it feels like it's happening WAY too often. I blame that damn podcast and the whole discussion of that Twitch streamer(don't know their name) about how they DC to get better games. I think it brought the subject into the light more than it ever was. I could be wrong of course but that's my theory.

    These frequent DCs need to stop, it's making the game unplaying for Killers and other Survivors who choose not to DC because they actually want to play. I shouldn't have to feel like I've done something wrong because my Survivors DC after getting downed in 15 seconds because they suck so bad. And I shouldn't have to get punished by inconsiderate privalged Survivors who DC and leave me all alone to get chased by the Killer. Though when that happens they usually farm with me so that's cool.

    And yes, before you say it, yes I think when a Survivor DCs it's funny, it's on them, but when the ENTIRE team follows in tandem seconds later because they don't want to play without a full team and they feel it's OK to DC then it's not funny.

    What do you guys think?

    Well it could have some connection with the podcast, but people DCed all the time even before the podcast.

    The problem with stuff like this is that the problems of the game are just highlighted. In other games, the devs would work and try to fxi the problems, but not BHVR. Just like the depip squad, they just showed the whole survivor community how to genrush properly and BHVR still hasnt changed the gen mechanic

  • @HatCreature said:

    @HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Wouldnt surprise me if some people were de-ranking for the event to face weaker opponents. Ive actually seen less survivor dc's in my games but more killers which is very unusual. I had 3 killer dc's in 5 games earlier.

    Lock ranks so no de-ranking, is it possible? 

    I think a few streams ago the Devs said something about this, like maybe they had something planned? Maybe Disconnecting on purpose shouldn't derank you? Losing Rank isn't punishment if they want that.

    They say stuff all the time, secondary objectives, DS, SC, hatch..... just to name a few prominent examples

  • @Master said:

    @HatCreature said:

    @HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Wouldnt surprise me if some people were de-ranking for the event to face weaker opponents. Ive actually seen less survivor dc's in my games but more killers which is very unusual. I had 3 killer dc's in 5 games earlier.

    Lock ranks so no de-ranking, is it possible? 

    I think a few streams ago the Devs said something about this, like maybe they had something planned? Maybe Disconnecting on purpose shouldn't derank you? Losing Rank isn't punishment if they want that.

    They say stuff all the time, secondary objectives, DS, SC, hatch..... just to name a few prominent examples

    They are pretty slow with fixes but I think it's because they have a lot of things on their plate, plus i'm sure the roadmap guives them pressure.

  • @HatCreature said:

    @Master said:

    @HatCreature said:

    @HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Wouldnt surprise me if some people were de-ranking for the event to face weaker opponents. Ive actually seen less survivor dc's in my games but more killers which is very unusual. I had 3 killer dc's in 5 games earlier.

    Lock ranks so no de-ranking, is it possible? 

    I think a few streams ago the Devs said something about this, like maybe they had something planned? Maybe Disconnecting on purpose shouldn't derank you? Losing Rank isn't punishment if they want that.

    They say stuff all the time, secondary objectives, DS, SC, hatch..... just to name a few prominent examples

    They are pretty slow with fixes but I think it's because they have a lot of things on their plate, plus i'm sure the roadmap guives them pressure.

    Yes they have a lot of DLCs on their plate. Also after the review bombed it seems like they lost their balls :wink:

  • Forget DCs for a sec. I keep getting matches ending abruptly out of nowhere I don't get it.
    Like I'll be in a chase with 1 gen left and *bam* you escaped.
  • Master said:

    @HatCreature said:

    @HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Wouldnt surprise me if some people were de-ranking for the event to face weaker opponents. Ive actually seen less survivor dc's in my games but more killers which is very unusual. I had 3 killer dc's in 5 games earlier.

    Lock ranks so no de-ranking, is it possible? 

    I think a few streams ago the Devs said something about this, like maybe they had something planned? Maybe Disconnecting on purpose shouldn't derank you? Losing Rank isn't punishment if they want that.

    They say stuff all the time, secondary objectives, DS, SC, hatch..... just to name a few prominent examples

    Freddy
  • @AshleyWB said:
    Forget DCs for a sec. I keep getting matches ending abruptly out of nowhere I don't get it.
    Like I'll be in a chase with 1 gen left and bam you escaped.

    That sounds like Killer DC'd or their game crashed.

  • @HatCreature I don't think it is because it happens during when the killer is doing something too.
    It's always been a thing on xbox especially but recently its got quite common.
  • AshleyWB said:
    @HatCreature I don't think it is becauae it happens during when the killer is doing something too.
    It's always been a thing on xbox especially but recently its got quite common.
    I can say for a suggestion what it is,  it may be a sudden lost connection for no reason mid match. Happened to me a handful of times on my PS4. Yet i can get back in another match in not to long a wait