The stealth survivor

well I’m mostly a killer main I do play survivor (at a low level for sure. I only play well when it’s me and my friend due to us coordinating and my love of Odzdarvas videos giving me knowledge on basic things.)

My survivor style is mostly stealth due to me not being able to do much in chase due to my skill being less then favorable. However I do try and counteract the “stealth survivor hiding all match in the corner” stereotype by playing a support role. My entire mission revolves around keeping my team buffed and doing gens quickly.


I know the stealthy survivor is a hated member of the survivor archetype roster so my goal with this post is to try and end plain how they should be played.


in chase I am a detriment to my team because I last around a minute at max. So as a way to keep my team on gens I will stay hidden and set up totems and heal my team. My build includes the pebble for getting the killer off my teammates scent, autodidact for quicker heals, distortion so I get found less, and the Jeff Hook break perk to make inevitable hook a detriment to the killer as well.

All of this does slightly get nerfed by the fact I play the biggest survivor (My baby Jeff) but at the end of the day I do try and help.

Comments

  • I love being a support in Solo. (It's also always the role I like in 2v8). I understand what you mean about the stealthy survivor as being considered "hated", but I do strongly feel that that kind of mentality is quite unfair and I hope nobody has made you feel shame for playing that way.

    You wouldn't bring a perk that you're terrible with, so why would you play in a playstyle you're terrible with, you know? I would much rather someone hide successfully and be able to crank out gens or go for unhooks rather than someone that goes out of their way to get into a chase that burns through resources and goes down within 15 seconds. The best player you could be is when you work to your strengths.

    I like to run empathy alot as well, so if I notice that a teammate of mine is on dead hook and I have a hook to spare, I will take a body block and a down for it. It can be really helpful in the later stages of the game if one person has several hooks to spare, and usually that person is the more stealthy players.

    In any case, gliyn! See you in the fog! :)

  • An alive useful survivor is always better than a dead one 😇

    image.jpeg