Hook state vs hook timer UI mismatch

Didn't see another report on this, but I've noticed it a couple times.

Sometimes when a survivor is hooked for the first time, it correctly shows one hook state tally mark; however, the hook timer (red bar) starts at the halfway point and drains from there, as if it was their second hook (see below.)

image.png

Below is a short clip of gameplay from that round. You can see this survivor, third in the list, is still in their first hook state/stage. However, the bar started from the halfway point and drained, playing the UI VFX of somebody dying on hook, even though it was them hitting second stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTDmiUIX7So

Should be noted that this round had that packet loss icon for most/all of it, but I'm not sure the other rounds I saw this in did as well. Also that I'm on Steam, and this player had the console icon next to their name. But I'm not sure the exact trigger…

Tagged: Pending

Comments