Player controller/pawn camera desync on unhook: 2v8
SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: After being unhooked in 2v8, my pawn's camera didn't seem to line up with my mouse movement anymore, nor did my player's movement in general. I was able to be healed, but when attempting to move, the issue immediately became obvious. A killer approached me and tried hitting me, but I was immune. Then they were immediately able to attempt to hook me, but I was stuck in the "on the shoulder" animation while remaining independent.
I understand cheaters will sometimes do something like this to taunt other players, and I didn't want to be mistaken for such, so I quit. I don't know what happened afterwards. Map was Ormond. I do not have logs.
PLATFORM: PC
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURRED: Downed by Hillbilly, hooked, unhooked, healed, camera's spring arm no longer seemed to move correctly, nor did player in general. Then animations and player state seemed to desync.
Comments
It felt like the spring arm had been extended and was also off-center