Falsely Reported for Hacking in Solo Queue - What do I do?

I recently played solo queue as survivor and was reported for hacking by the killer (on twitch) who has apparently sent a recording of it happening to BHVR.

Some context, I was found first by the killer. The killer was unable to hook me, almost as if there was a barrier at the hook blocking him. Initially, I thought it might have been a glitch but realized during his second attempt to hook me, that it might have been because of a hacker on the survivor side. The killer remained AFK for the rest of the match and reported me (and the other survivors, whom I have zero affiliations with) for hacking postgame.

What should I do if I was reported for hacking even though I wasn't the hacker when footage is submitted? Should I just disconnect in future matches if this happens? What if I don't know if it was a hacker? Can BHVR check that I did not hack, have zero history of hacking and always play by the rules, and that the actions in the match were not completed by me? Will I be banned?

Thank you.

- Concerned Survivor

Comments