Probably old news, but hey, golden toolbox?

Stumbled across it trying to get a ritual done. The lampkin lane map. 

Comments

  • There’s also one underneath the home back in Yamaoka Estate. Possibly an easter-egg or reference to something? I don’t know if it’s lore related.
  • You never seen this before?

  • Gamzello said:
    There’s also one underneath the home back in Yamaoka Estate. Possibly an easter-egg or reference to something? I don’t know if it’s lore related.
    Yeah, the golden toolbox is sort of a legendary lore item in DBD, but beyond that, I don't know much.
  • You never seen this before?

    Maybe? I don't know.  Didn't remember it was there, and probably never took the time to notice it for what it was. 
    I figured most everyone found it by now, but I was there, so I snagged a photo. Haha
  • There's one in Pale Rose, at one of those mini boats.

  • They are always out of your reach :cry:
    Also not 100% sure but i think they belonged to Vigo.
    (they are just an easter egg)

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Yeah, the golden toolbox is sort of a legendary lore item in DBD, but beyond that, I don't know much.

    If it's so legendary (AND GOLD FFS) why don't the survivors just reach under THE DAMN PICNIC TABLES!?

  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Yeah, the golden toolbox is sort of a legendary lore item in DBD, but beyond that, I don't know much.

    If it's so legendary (AND GOLD FFS) why don't the survivors just reach under THE DAMN PICNIC TABLES!?

    Cuz the golden toolbox would probably mean one shot genrushing OOO SCARY AND FORBIDDEN!!!
  • 12 out of 26 maps have golden toolboxes. Every map added since the Halloween update in 2016 has had a golden toolbox.

  • Its probably an easter egg. I remember a dev saying that one of the dbd team always uses toolboxes. So it could be the reason to signature him on maps