Jagged compass bug

20250101160744_1.jpg

Jagged compass bug. this bug has happen many times in my matches and is either a visual bug or and actual bug. Jagged compass gives me multiple scourge hooks giving the jagged compass effect of showing the aura of the gen with the most progress or sometimes it be a visual bug changing all hook auras to be scourge I have ran this only with floods of rage and has happen many times as well.

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • You need to go and read Jagged Compass effect as you seem to totally miss it secondary function. It will turn any normal hook that survivor is hooked on to a Scourge Hook when they get unhooked from it. This will also activate any Scourge Hook perk that activates on unhook.

  • @Perrin3088 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3864850#Comment_3864850

    The problem is it doesn't.

    I have noticed in many matches so far that when I convert a hook to a scourge hook using Jagged Compass, that they don't function as Scourge Hooks.
    Monstrous Shrine, Hangman's Hook, Jagged Compass, Pain Resonance. Can't verify if the first one are working as intended, but the second two are not proccing on converted hooks. I hooked the same survivor on one hook 3 times, and never triggered pain res on them. Used the same 4 hooks through a 12 hook game and only procced pain res once, on the only original scourge hook I used. I can verify the extra hooks are giving aura vision from hangman's hook, as I used it multiple times.

    I tested it in custom game and they work totally fine. Hangman's Trick shows auras of survivors when near converted scourge hook while carrying survivor, Pain Resonance worked totally fine too on them, Monstrous Shrine made the progress work faster like it should be.

    Pain Resonance does not work if for example the gen in question that it would effect is blocked by the entity or there is no gens at all that has progression. Also currently in the event blood gens can't be effected by anything else than killers kicking them. If you are observing this in event queue then there is the reason as there is no gen to prog the pain resonance if survivors have not touched the normal gens.