How To Fix The Game (Gen Rush, Early DC and Tunneling)

The time it takes for the first survivor to be downed and hooked determines the pace of the game. As long as 4 survivors are up (1 in chase, 3 on gens) the survivors are favored to win. The killer needs to hook a survivor and force someone off a gen (to go for the save) as quickly as possible which makes early game mistakes as the killer often times game losing. Removing someone from the game is the best way to slow down gen repair speed and is why killers tunnel. Being tunneled isn't fun but it's objectively the best way for the killer to play.

The biggest problem for killers is early to mid game gen control.
The biggest problem for survivors is getting tunneled and having someone DC early.
This is the solution:

  • Give killers an increase to immediate generator regression that is stronger for each survivor alive so that killers can fall off early chases and go back to patrolling gens without losing so much momentum.
  • Give survivors an increase to generator repair speed for each survivor not in game so that early DC's/deaths don't screw over the other 3 survivors and ruin the match.
  • Give survivors a 10 second built in borrowed time effect for their "FIRST" unhook (borrowed time perk would stack). Killers would no longer need to tunnel but they might still try it and this would mean that when a survivor comes off their first hook the killer would just go after their rescuer instead.

So there you have it, killers have some early to mid game gen control and don't lose because the first chase took too long, survivors don't automatically lose because their teammate DC'd and people stop getting tunneled off the hook.

Comments

  • My own suggestion to add, copy pasted:

    "Perhaps, depending on how fast the gens were done, one exit would be permanently locked (behind the gate, so opening the gate is required to see). Opening one gate regresses the others progress (unless already opened) as fast as the other opens, and both cannot be opening simultaneously (showing by the bar turning a solid red and slowly regressing). This means that SWF can be temporarily blocked if they were too effective, and can cause confusion among split survivors, meaning that instead of needing to kill one you need to release another, you have a chance to catch up."

  • Something I didn't mention that should be changed is getting a -1 pip as survivor when the killer DC's early, that shouldn't happen.

    *Edit: typo

  • @SpongeBob420Pants said:
    Something I didn't mention that should be changed is getting a -1 pip as survivor when the killer DC's early, that shouldn't happen.

    *Edit: typo

    it doesnt.
    after leaving the lobby, you get the pip back.
    at least thats my experience with it.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    @SpongeBob420Pants said:
    Something I didn't mention that should be changed is getting a -1 pip as survivor when the killer DC's early, that shouldn't happen.

    *Edit: typo

    it doesnt.
    after leaving the lobby, you get the pip back.
    at least thats my experience with it.

    Hmm I didn't check, but I did just have a game where the killer DC'd after 1-2 mins and I lost one of the
    add-ons for my item.

  • @SpongeBob420Pants said:

    @Mister_xD said:

    @SpongeBob420Pants said:
    Something I didn't mention that should be changed is getting a -1 pip as survivor when the killer DC's early, that shouldn't happen.

    *Edit: typo

    it doesnt.
    after leaving the lobby, you get the pip back.
    at least thats my experience with it.

    Hmm I didn't check, but I did just have a game where the killer DC'd after 1-2 mins and I lost one of the
    add-ons for my item.

    yeah, you do lose these for some reason...
    but i think pips are not gonna be lost.