Possible memory leak - Linux kernel 6.11.6-arch1-1

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

I can't quite pinpoint the exact date this started over the last month, but I'm running into massive memory issues while running DbD. It gradually gets worse over the course of an hour, at which point my free memory is in the 500 MB range.

PLATFORM: Steam Linux client. Linux kernel 6.11.6-arch1-1

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

This occurs during normal gameplay. Attaching screenshots and commands used to resolve the issue.

Screenshots:

DBDFREE.png

Note the huge number in buff/cache

DBDTOP.png

Output of top command

DBDGAMETHREAD.png

GameThread = DbD in this case. There are a massive number of processes for DbD.

DBDHTOP.png

Htop output if you prefer.

Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to relinquish the buff/cache when closing the game. I've had to run echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches to force clear the memory cache each time after closing the game.

PLAYER LOGS:

DeadByDaylight.log
Tagged: Declined

Comments