My take on the less useful Killer's general perks
I wanted to show some idea's I've been having recently about perks that have been considered useless from a long time now. I do not agree with the whole concept of them being bad because they're general. If we would give them a proper change that would make the game and builds much more interesting and variegated.
Each idea for a perk rework will be followed with an explanation on what was the change based on, starting with:

Unrelenting
Your bond with the entity enhances your desire for blood. By increasing your aggressivity and sadism, lounge attacks are 10/15/20% faster and the range of lounge attacks are increased by 0/1/2 meters. The cooldown on missed attacks is increased by 30%/25%/20%.
Explanation: I always thought that the logic of rewarding a player's mistake was faulted, so instead of the recovery for missed attack (which was completely removed) this perk would actually increase the killer's chance at hitting survivors while at the same time punishing them for a miscalculation. We also don't have anything that increases the range (excluding Tier 3 Myers) on one of the basic killers' mechanics which is the M1 attack.

Monstruous shrine
Your fervent care of the Hooks found in the Basement has aroused the Entity's interest. The basement hooks have been granted the following bonuses:
10/20/30% faster entity's progression
Reduced the chance of a survivor's self unhooking by 30/40/50%
Survivors now suffer from blindness and mangled for 60 seconds after they get unhooked from the basement's hooks.
Explanation: There was never a good time to use this perk since the bonuses were too low and weren't that great of a penalty. With the following rework now other survivors will have to rush the hooked person in the basement before the former gets in the struggle phase/incurs death while at the same time rewarding the killer for having successfully used the basement with debuffs.

Insidious
Your fear of the entity's punishment allows you to proceed more carefully and quickly to avoid repeating the same mistakes.
Each time a survivor rescues another from a hook at least 46/42/38 meters from you, Insidious triggers and reduces your terror radius by 16/24/32 meters for 10/15/20 seconds. Your speed is also increased by 5/6/7% for 10/15/20 seconds or until you take any offensive action.
The perk has a cooldown of 80/70/60 seconds, cannot occur on the same unhooked survivor twice in a row.
Explanation: Other than stealthy camping, Insidious never found a way to the game other than being classified as the meta perk of the "Basement Leatherface". With these changes, a good killer far away from the hook can either react in time and utilize the bonus speed to go back to the hook or take advantage of the diminished terror radius to ambush other survivors.

Deerstalker
Your acute senses have been sharpened by the endless hunting of the survivors, unlocking hidden potential in your aura-reading ability. The noise caused by the survivor's footsteps (this also includes grass-tiles) and vaulting are slightly/moderately/considerably louder. Reveals dying survivor's aura when standing within 8/16/24 meters.
Explanation: I've always disliked this perk for how dull it was and for how it didn't make sense to call it "Deerstalker", a term used for a hunter seeking a living prey. A new tracking feature has been added to the perk to living up to its name, making it much more viable for different situations while keeping the old effect (though a little-toned down, to balance it out) for those who really liked the perk as it is now.
Opinions on this? Is anything that is too strong/too weak/requires mechanical changes? Please let me know, I've worked hard on trying to give this perks a chance to shine.
Comments
The thing with Monstrous Shrine is that in games where you just cant get to the basement, you have wasted a perk slot. I would much rather it affected all hooks on the map, and values were adjusted accordingly. Otherwise, you would have to go full basement build with Iron Grasp and Agitation.
I see your point.
Initially, I was thinking about Monstruous shrine adding a second, minor basement to the map. But that was just impossible since some map (The Game, Rotten fields etc.) do not have enough buildings to place another one. With my idea, the perk would at least induce some pressure when someone is into the basement.
I will give my opinions on each perk as listed. Do not take my critiques as a attack or otherwise. I actually like what you tried to do for the most part.
Unrelenting: I feel like this could be a good change, however, the name implies that you a hardened killer and recover faster from missing. I personally would like if it was changed back to the old state where it decreased all attack cooldowns (missed and successful as that made sense with the name), but would just settle for it as is or change it so successful cooldowns are affected only. I doubt a unrelenting killer would need to take a breather every time he missed a hit.
Monstruos Shrine: Good bonus as any but as a player of the game I feel the effects are a bit much. The inability to escape seems a bit much, especially when it trumps another perk. I made my own buff to this perk, if you would like to see it. Simply reply 'Yes' and I will send a link. (Of course the killer side of me would love this idea of yours)
Insidious: This is actually something I can get behind. Maybe increase the range of which it triggers as standard killers have a 32 meter, and survivors would know you have this perk as soon as they hear your terror radius disappear. The unhooked survivor radius range should be taken out and keep the seconds of increased movement speed, so that you can actually make use of the speed without having to chase down the unhooked person. To compensate make the particular effect a tier three thing.
I like your ideas but not much the Insidious one, since I feel it encourages the bland gameplay of hooking, going out of range and that come back to tunnel the injured survivor. Imo it would a better perk if after moving you get the normal TR after a while (maybe gradually?), so it would be usable outside of camping.
I would love to hear your ideas, any constructive criticism is most welcome.
To answer you about some statements: Unrelenting does also mean being very determined or that won't stop at anything. That's where the idea comes from: "A killer who will do anything in its power to hurt the survivor". Since the will to hurt a survivor is so high, the killers try to put all the strength in their strike so that's the logic between the lounge increase and the increase cooldown attack. I doubt high-level killers still miss their attacks.
About Monstruos shrine: Perhaps the inability to escape can be too much, but I thought that being the heart of the Entity it would have made sense to make it really hard to escape. Perhaps I can reduce the chance to 50% max?
Insidious: The speed bonus does only work around the hook where the survivor has been freed, not the survivor which has been unhooked. Otherwise, this would incur in severe tunneling which I don't think it's healthy for the game.
I'll proceed to modify the perks under your suggestions.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/36440/monstrous-shrine-buff-idea#latest
Alright I see now. Now that you explained it further it does make sense. And being a console pleb, the game sometimes drops frames and I miss attacks that should have connected and visa versa for connected attacks. However I do no run this perk. I might if your idea is implemented.
I dropped my suggestion above, you can use a model like it if you want :chuffed: Otherwise, maybe a 75% maxed, since the idea of not being able to escape is a nice idea.
Alright, still would limit your options though. I misunderstood your wording but reading it again, now I understand. Still, should make it so that your speed is increased for a set few seconds so you could make use of the lower Terror Radius, maybe make it to a generator and grab someone? Possibilities are endless.
I hope the devs see this though, I feel like your ideas are good.
I've edited the Monstruos shrine and Insidious one. See if they're better now.
Thread has been recovered. Added "Deerstalker" to the list as a new tracking perk.
Please keep up the feedback!
I like your changes except for Deerstalker, the perk is fine. Slugging is totally fine and doesn't need changes. There are already multiple anti-slugging perks to choose from if survivors so desire, just no one wants to run them.
I understand. But it doesn't fit a perk with the name "Deerstalker". It would be wiser to just add another perk with the "Deerstalker" effect we have now on live server under a different name.
Thanks for the feedback, I've added a disclaimer to truly explain my view and to avoid confusion. Is it better now?
Other than that, interesting choice for unrelenting, but survs would bomb any sort of sppedboost for killers.
Personally i think most perks that simply boost a stat (unrelenting or brutal as example) could habe some of their effect be put into base and then be completely reworked or removed
Unrelenting sounds like it'd be fun af on Myers with T3. For Myers, not the survivor. Dunno what I think about that really.
Insidious is better than its current iteration, definitely a tunneler's wet dream.
Current iteration of Deerstalker is fine and is definitely not useless, though I can see why you don't like it being called Deerstalker. Doesn't warrant a change in my opinion
Thanks for the feedback. I've modified some part of the perks to make them less forgiving:
Please keep going on with feedback, so that a dev can hopefully express his/her idea about this.
Unrelenting would just lead to more complains about hitboxes. The hitboxes are already wonky, I’ve gotten hit and hit survivors that were WAY beyond the weapon reach.
I wouldn’t wanna see a change to Deerstalker because I use it all the time simply because I can NEVER find Claudette on the ground if I decide to slug. I hate trying to find survivors on the ground.
I actually made an Obsession perk just like your Unrelenting change, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about increasing Lunges, yours is better.
Monstrous Shrine, it might still be too powerful, I think the current percentages we have now make it take 3 seconds off tthe timer, which isn't much but important. I think any changes to the time on this perk make it too powerful, but then again it is only in the Basement so maybe that's ok?
Your Insidious change is interesting, and would go well with Make Your Choice. I have always said this perk cannot be tweaked to be good because of it's very nature and that it needs an all new ability but maybe I'm wrong because this is cool. It's not a camping perk but it's still relating to the hook and the terror radius.
I also thought that Deerstalker had a weird ability, your change would be nice to have, I often lose people because they sneak away, Prestige 3 Claudettes can't hide from me now
I'm interested in what other changes you can come up with for other perks, a lot of people want Thanatophobia buffed. Also Space Coconut on Youtube has Perk Study videos you might want to check out, he discusses a lot of these perks and ways to fix them so you dissect them too and get more ideas for yourself
Thanks for the feedback, after seeing how much people didn't want a change on Deerstalker I've decided to modify the perk once again:
As to answer your doubts:
The change on Unrelenting, while it can be considered powerful it still does take place of a perk. One should choose wisely if he prefers having more power on lounges instead of aura-revealing ability, hexes and what not. Note that the lounge speed increase was inserted to avoid making the longer lounge less-clunky, making it practically identical to the normal lounge with the only difference being more distance traveled.
I'll wait for additional feedback to considering nerfing Monstruous Shrine. I honestly think that this change would REALLY turn the basement into something nobody wants to put a foot in. Right now, there's nothing "monstrous" about the perk we have in live servers.
For unrelenting, I had an idea like:
Each time you swing and miss during a chase, gain 1 token with a max of 4/6/8 tokens. Each token reduces the missed attack cooldown by 10%. **Lose all tokens when a survivor is hit. **
This would be great against survivors who are good at jukes (May not be too useful for higher ranks)
But also great for players who struggle to land a hit.
I thought maybe there should be a short cooldown between each token to avoid it being abused, but ultimately if they wanna waste time to swing over and over in a chase till you're maxed, then go for it.
That would be even worse than the perk we already have tbh. The time I would waste to farm up tokens I would have hit the survivor twice.
Again, I do not agree with rewarding a killer for not doing the right thing. The token idea could have worked if they increased gradually while chasing tho.