Game Crashed after EAC loading

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE:

Programs like MSI Afterburner or similar causes game crashes.

PLATFORM: PC (Steam)

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

Depending on your luck game could load or straight out crash after EAC initialization, if programs like MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner Overlay are working. Sometimes game would crash if you start MSI Afterburner while it is running. Also game could crash if you ALT+TAB during one of the loading screens (does not depend on programs mentioned above).

LOGS:

DeadByDaylight.log image.png
Tagged: Declined

Comments

  • @p4tok1ller said:

    Man, I was having a similar problem, I tried everything… Nothing seems to solve my problem.

    Then I realized that MAYBE my NVME SSD might be the problem, it's a cheap chinese memory. Some performance peaks may cause stress to an old or bad quality memory disc.

    Luckly I have another SSD installed (with better quality).

    I uninstalled Steam completely, did the same with all folder of Dead By Daylight that was in my E: disc and reinstalled the game in my C: SDD.

    BOOM! The game is running perfectly.

    Nah, SSD is good for sure. It is probably the problem with anti-cheat or something else. I didn't have that issue before they updated EAC and on previous versions of game.

  • @MasterofOak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3828216#Comment_3828216

    Nah, SSD is good for sure. It is probably the problem with anti-cheat or something else. I didn't have that issue before they updated EAC and on previous versions of game.

    Also I saw similar thread, where person assumed it can be the problem with Steam client. Because I have egs account just he is, I witnessed same problems with less frequency, but no crashes.