DBD and NVIDIA Constantly Crashing Since Latest Update
I previously made a bug report on this issue, but I have a lot more information now.
OLD REPORT:
@Gr8Jackalope said:
SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Ever since the most recent update, I can't get through a single match before the game freezes.
PLATFORM: PC - Steam
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:
- Launch Dead by Daylight.
- Play one or two matches.
- The game crashes during one of these matches.
VIDEO: Can't record one because I've racked up a DC penalty from all the crashes.
PLAYER LOGS:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XNFDG5882SQG/deadbydaylight.log
SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: I've never had issues with DBD crashing until this latest patch (8.3.0 or 8.3.1) where now, the first match I load into will usually crash halfway through. Most of the time when it crashes, the game just freezes and shortly after causes my whole laptop to freeze up. However, while investigating, the game actually managed to correctly crash (as in the Dead by Daylight Crash Reporter actually opened) and that is when I noticed something. After the game crashed and I booted DBD back up to continue investigating, I noticed the game was running unusually slow compared to the first run. So I opened Task Manager and noticed that my NVIDIA GeForce GPU was no longer being used for anything, sitting at a constant 0% usage, and instead my entire laptop and DBD were now running off Intel UHD Graphics, sitting at a constant 100% usage.
PLATFORM: PC - Steam
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:
- Launched Dead by Daylight.
- Loaded into a Custom Match to investigate why the crashes are occurring.
- About halfway through a match, Dead by Daylight manages to crash correctly instead of just freezing.
- Relaunch Dead by Daylight and notice it is running significantly slower.
- Opened Task Manager and noticed that my NVIDIA GeForce GPU was now sitting at a constant 0% usage and my entire laptop and Dead by Daylight were running solely off of Intel UHD Graphics, sitting at a constant 100% usage.
VIDEO:
Don't think this will help much as all it shows the video cutting off once the game freezes.
https://youtu.be/ztEU3rqLqf0PLAYER LOGS:
DeadByDaylight.logCRASH REPORT:
Crash Report.zip
Comments
I had this exact issue and I think it's fixed now for me.
First, I dumped the "game ready" drivers for the more stable "studio" drivers.
Then I set G-Sync (from the nvidia controll panel) to "fullscreen only" mode (or you can try "off") .
Since then, no more crashing.
is this still works