Constant Crashing Since Latest Update

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: Ever since the most recent update, I can't get through a single match before the game freezes.

PLATFORM: PC - Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED:

  1. Launch Dead by Daylight.
  2. Play one or two matches.
  3. The game crashes during one of these matches.

VIDEO: Can't record one because I've racked up a DC penalty from all the crashes.

PLAYER LOGS:

DeadByDaylight.log
Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • This has been happening to me too. I suffered 4 crashes today and my DC penalty is over 10 minutes already. Normally this doesn't happen.

  • DeadByDaylight.log

    These logs are after I had two matches today where my game crashed back to back. I decided to try my luck again today and I managed to play 4-5 matches before my game crashed. I saw some reports saying it was related to the Haunted by Daylight event, so I waited out my DC penalty which keeps accumulating because of the crashes and decided to play a regular match. It crashed during that one match. Another thing I've noticed is that whenever the game freezes, my computer seems to lock up. Apps stop responding and if I try to shut down or restart, it gets stuck and I have to force shut down. I've never had a problem with crashes until the latest update.

  • Same problem … really frustrating. All the usual first steps (update driver, reinstall etc.) didn't help. Had the game crash on me before (once every 2-3 month), but the moment I cannot even finish one match without a crash.

  • Hey to all here if u play on geforce now the survivors Trevor Belmont, Lara croft, and the dungeon and dragon characters and their perks crash your game

  • Turn off G-sync (or set it to "fullscreen only") via the nvidia control panel and see if that helps.

    Fixed it for me.

    Also, I dumped the "game ready" nvidia drivers for the more stable "studio" drivers.