PC - constant stuttering and frame drops (exacerbated by left-mouse click)

Issue description: constant stuttering in game (also in-menu but less noticeable). When in-game the stutters are exacerbated and turn into full-on frame drops when the mouse is clicked frequently. Rapid clicking of the mouse tanks the FPS down to absolute zero and doesn't recover until I stop clicking the mouse again.

Nothing specific started causing this to happen at my end - no settings have been changed. Happens after alt-tabbing or tabbing out of the game via the Windows key.

Started a couple of days after the Lara Croft update - have tried verifying game files, re-installing my graphics drivers, uninstalled and reinstalling to my SSD to no avail. I do not think anything on my end is causing this.

  • Character played - all
  • Perks played - all (happened on 2v8 too)
  • Map - all
  • Frequency of the issue - constant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVEqCjWgzKQ

Comments

  • Any Shadow Play or Nvidia Experience installed ?
    DirectX 11 or forced DX10 ?
    Can you see your CPU usage ?
    What are your graphical settings ?

  • @n000b51 said:

    Any Shadow Play or Nvidia Experience installed ?
    DirectX 11 or forced DX10 ?
    Can you see your CPU usage ?
    What are your graphical settings ?

    I have Gforce Experience but no recording turned on.

    Whatever the default is, so DX11?

    CPU is normal (it worked fine before the Lara Croft update)

    I play on Ultra but it happens even on Low settings.

  • Try another mouse just to be sure isn't the problem.
    Maybe remove your GeForce Experience (as it shouldn't be used to record your games as far as I know) or try to force the dx10.
    I'm bad debbuger & a bad technical engineer tho'... So please, wait advices from someone else if anything works…

  • I think I figured it out! I uninstalled f.lux and it doesn't seem to happen anymore.