I really don't like BHVR's addon balance philosophy.

With the Unknown's nerfs today, something that really pissed me was the continuous bad addon balance philosophy that BHVR has.

Nerf the good/most used addons and leave the bad/least used addons untouched. It's like BHVR doesn't know how to make unpopular addons attractive without making the good ones bad.

Tell me, why would someone use any of the following addons instead of Vanishing Box / Blurry Photo? They are neither good nor fun to use:

Captura de tela 2024-10-08 165348.png

Purple blindness addon, yay.

Captura de tela 2024-10-08 165415.png

You can't even tell when this addon is working.

Captura de tela 2024-10-08 165434.png

This addon is so close to being good. Instead of just triggering with the UVX blast area, it should trigger any time the survivor is weakened.

NOW THESE TWO ADDONS HAVE NO SALVATION, THEY ARE HORRIBLE:

Captura de tela 2024-10-08 165428.png Captura de tela 2024-10-08 165422.png

I would be okay with the addons nerfs if they changed these addons too.

Comments

  • Device of Undisclosed Origin actually isn't too bad, it makes dispelling more risky since you don't know if the killer is near and you can't look around while dispelling either. It's not amazing, but it's okay.

    The rest though I agree, and I agree with what you're saying in general. Not only is the end result with Blurry Photo worse than before, most of Unknown's other addons are either weak, boring, or both and there aren't many interesting combinations either. Nerfing Vanishing Box was fine, but Unknown needed far more addon changes than just that. Sketch Attempt/Rabbit's Foot/Punctured Eyeball are all really bad even for brown addons, and Homemade Mask isn't really worthy of being purple rarity either.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Device of Undisclosed Origin actually isn't too bad, it makes dispelling more risky since you don't know if the killer is near and you can't look around while dispelling either. It's not amazing, but it's okay.

    The rest though I agree, and I agree with what you're saying in general. Not only is the end result with Blurry Photo worse than before, most of Unknown's other addons are either weak, boring, or both and there aren't many interesting combinations either. Nerfing Vanishing Box was fine, but Unknown needed far more addon changes than just that. Sketch Attempt/Rabbit's Foot/Punctured Eyeball are all really bad even for brown addons, and Homemade Mask isn't really worthy of being purple rarity either.

    The only case I can think of where this addon comes to play is on '2 floors maps', like The Game or Midwich.


    And yes, if you look at Unknown's addons, none of them have any synergy (except OSS Report + Game Cartridge), and nerfing his 2 best addons will limit builds even more.


    I started using Discarded Milk which, honestly, is the only fun addon he has. Trying to do some bouncing-tricks-shots has been a blast so far.

  • The live balancing team's thought process is an enigma.

  • I'd be much happier if they made add-on fully basekit and just give them a different effect.