Dear veterans of DBD:

This is basically a "nothing burger" thread, I'm probably not going to say anything new for fellow veterans…

As much naive I'm going to be on this topic… I noticed that sometimes MMR putting new players with hardcore veterans, so please, dear fellow veterans:

Let's show new players how good the game can be. I'm sure they need to know the cons of the game, but instead of showing any unsportsmanlike conduct - let's just show them how engaging and fun the game can be.

If you got matched against a new killer - just show how good sports you are without throwing any "bs" behavior at the killer player.

If you as a survivor got matched against a good killer player, but have a new players with you in a team - please don't DC. Show them a good sports and what you can do till the very end.

If you got matched against 1-4 new survivor players - practically the same… Please don't do things like this "useless time stretching" 4 slugging, etc…

Just to mention: I'm not telling you to go easy on them, or play without using all your knowledge and skill. Just do your things, but please don't "bs" them over their mistakes\misplays. Instead… Show them how respectful you are, good sports in games were never looking bad.

In the end-game chat - dear veterans: please don't be toxic. :D Don't say bad stuff like "ggez", "bad killer or bad survivor".

At the end of the day - not only developers providing a good new player experience, right?

That's all… Thank you for your time! With love.

Comments

  • Is MMR broke currently? Oh no…SOMEBODY get me a doctor!

    On that note, [shameless plug] New players confess your DBD sins

    @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Father Vile's Confessionals are now open. Come talk about some misdeeds in the fog that have been weighing on you and your DBD sins will be forgiven.

    I accidentally body-blocked a window my teammate was trying to loop at and caused them to go down. This was because I was going one way trying to position myself for the FTP+BU and miss read what they were doing… ended up vaulting it from the opposite side before them and they went down next to me. Still was able to hit the FTP+BU when they went down, but…yeah…sorry Yui…😅

    Share your DBD sins of the week that are weighing on you.