Toxic streamer with a twitch shirt cosmetic?

Hey

Last night when I was playing DBD as a solo survivor, I came across a streamer with the twitch shirt which I thought was pretty sweet as it was my first time. The match wasn’t really anything much to note, we went against a Wesker - 3 of us got out, the streamer sadly died after getting tunnelled (more on that) and I usually like to load up TTVs if I see them in the name. Oh and btw usually the streamers are lovely.

But this time, I opened it up to the streamer ranting about me. Claiming it’s my fault they died because I “sandbagged”, and kept repeating I was hard trolling in a really whiny / pissed off way. They then proceed to lie about me saying I did things I blatantly didn’t do just to make me look worse, to the point if you rewatch their VOD you can literally see they are lying. (Oh and btw, the other 2 survivors were friends of the streamer so of course it’s the randoms fault hahaha.) The sandbagging in question was me accidentally bumping into them for a split second right after I unhooked them. I tried to defend myself in chat but I soon got timed out after about a minute and the streamer began to say how “we don’t do bad vibes here” or something like that (but blaming and lying about me is okay LOL)

Now normally, it’s like whatever right? Who cares, I have 2.5k hours in this game I’ve seen my fair share of toxicity, I always move on but this one is different cause they had the twitch cosmetic, and I was always under the impression this was exclusive to streamers who DBD wanted to represent the streaming community in a positive way? This really didn’t feel like it to me. Perhaps I’m wrong on that and they just hand them out to anyone idk. Is this reportable or is it just a case of forgetting and moving on?

Comments

  • Wasn't the first time a dbd streamer with a twitch short was "toxic".

    Even some fog-whispers were removed from the platform, due to harsh toxicity, so…