Survivors on Cross Platform are Able to See Old Steam Username

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: After a match, one of the survivors referred to me by an old steam username I hadn't used in six years. They were still able to type in chat after the match, so I assumed they must've been on the epic games or microsoft store. It was the name I originally started playing dead by daylight, and I found it very odd since I'd never had that happen to me before. My profile isn't public either, nor do I think they'd be able to see it if they were on a different platform.

PLATFORM: PC (Steam)

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Exit a match as killer into a lobby with survivors on different platforms and yet still able to type. The killer must be on a steam profile that has had its account name changed after purchasing and playing Dead by Daylight. The people on other platforms should see the old nickname.

VIDEO:

PLAYER LOGS:

  • Player logs are required from PC players only.
Tagged: Under Review

Comments