PC - Fog Disappears when teleporting out of basement

Ambient Map fog disappears when an instant teleport out of basement is used.

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Enter basement.
  2. Instantly teleport out of the basement using any of the following methods
    1. The Unknown's Hallucination Teleport
    2. The Onryo's TV Projection
    3. The Spirit with the Wakizashi Saya Add-On
    4. The Hag's Phantasm Traps
    5. The Singularity's Bipod Teleport
    6. Possibly others (these are the ones that I have tested)
  3. Notice the map fog is no longer present. This is easiest seen on Nostromo Wreckage or Yamaoka
  4. Returning to the basement will cause the fog to reappear
Images

An example of the result on Nostromo Wreckage (Discord usernames on overlay redacted for privacy):

nostromo.png

Result on Yamaoka Estate:

yamaoka.png
Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I just ran this bug through the gauntlet myself. I hadn't thought to try Hag though. Yeah this bug is easily replicated on all maps with all of the TP killers (except Freddy, I guess his Dreamworld filter takes priority anyway?) I have some comparison screenshots and video footage of the bug for the team:

    20240921185026_1.jpg 20240921185608_1.jpg 20240921190228_1.jpg 20240921190244_1.jpg

    https://youtu.be/3rDEl6IEijI

    Timestamp for the bug in the video is about 7 minutes in.

    Sidenote: While this is a bug, I will say it makes the game look a lot better overall. That's my opinion anyway.

  • they already reduced the fog in general so I hope they fix it immediately bc the maps feel so small