Update Disabled Anti-Cheat on Xbox PC Client

  • PC (Xbox)
  • Game won't open
  • Open game
  • Every time

    Since the Castlevania dlc dropped today, the game has been unplayable. Any attempts to open the game result in the Anti-Cheat splash screen saying "Easy Anti-Cheat is not Installed. This persists after attempting to verify files through the Xbox App, performing a full reinstall of the game, updating pc drivers, and ensuring the xbox app did not need to be updated. Even attempting to access the manual application launch for Easy Anti Cheat in the program files (as an admin) does nothing.
Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I can report I see the same issue

  • There is a workaround but my comment is waiting aproval -_-

  • I’m having the same issue with mine :/

  • I'm having the same error

  • There is a workaround for this issue, check this out:

    make sure your Xbox app is closed, you can go to task manager and end task

    go to the folder EasyAntiCheat on the XboxGames within your game files

    find EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe

    right click on it, make a shortcut

    right click on the shortcut and go to properties

    in the Target box, type "install prod-fn" (without quotes) after the last quotation mark

    The end of the text should now look like: EasyAntiCheat_EOS_Setup.exe" install prod-fn

    now press Apply then OK

    now open up DBD and have fun :)

    Credits: Thieving_Flame and Snoo_865(Both Reddit) (And me for adapting to DBD, lol)

  • The work around DOES work, so thank you so much for that.

  • Is there a fix to this yet? I have tried everything. The work around I could not get to work.