Weird Nintendo Switch Cross Progression... Bug?

"For Nintendo Switch, Auric Cells will stay with the platform account and cannot be shared."

From my understanding, this should mean that my auric cells on switch and my auric cells on pc are completely separate from one another, right?

Well, I just bought the premium rift pass on switch while I wasn't completely finished with the rift (the last few levels, aka 250 auric cells were still in the pass). After buying the pass and logging on to my pc account, I noticed that those 250 auric cells that should only be missing on my switch account, were also missing on my pc account.

That in and of itself is strange, but not an issue as I found out. Unlocking the final rift levels gave both of my accounts the missing 250 auric cells back, so I didn't exactly lose anything, but it appears as if the rift pass purchase used 1.000 auric cells from both of my platforms. So what would have happened if one of my accounts didn't have 1.000 auric cells?

Comments