2v8 isn't that great IMO

  • I don't have any interest in playing survivor in this mode. I can't see the appeal of being chased by 2 killers at once (which severely limits your ability for skill expression) and there's also just nothing engaging or new happening as a survivor in 2v8. It's just DbD's core gameplay loop but with less content because you can't use perks. I just… I don't know. I played a couple games of it and just don't see the appeal outside of the initial novelty.
  • Killer queue times are so bad. I've managed to play one match of it and it was admittedly more fun than survivor, but I don't have the patience to sit in that queue again. Like I said, it was enjoyable, but nowhere near enough to warrant the wait. I think this is a symptom of the fact that survivor just isn't very interesting to play and so everyone is queuing as killer. Not sure if this is fixable.
  • Also, I'm just not that interested in the available killers for the mode. I feel like if I did decide to play more, the gimmick would wear off quickly and I'd just go back to Onryō or Hag or something in the normal mode.
  • Performance is iffy. FPS is noticeably worse than a standard match.

Comments