dead hard on Mikaela with adrenaline overflow chellenge crashes round

Platform: PC
Every time I load in a match with Mikaela and dead hard, the server crashes after ~30 sec.
As soon as I switch dead hard to another perk, the rounds are stable.

Error message: dedicated server is not responding. disconnected.

edit: it seems to be 'adrenaline overflow' challenge from tome 2 level 1,

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I'd like to post here to mention that I've also encountered the same issue. I was doing old survivor archives, and I happened to reach Adrenaline Overflow (take 1 endurance hit while using Dead Hard), so I grabbed one of my builds that includes DH: a David King build w/ Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Vigil, and Blood Rush. Every time that I got into a match (solo queue survivor), everything would load in just fine, including behavior from other survivors, the killer, etc. But, after about a minute or two, I'd get kicked out of the match with a "dedicated server not responding" error. On some occasions, I'd even be close enough to a survivor or killer to see them just running straight into a wall corner or some terrain for maybe about 15 seconds before the kick-out would happen.

    Initially, I didn't know what was affecting it, so I even tried a killer match, but that worked perfectly fine. I was going to try queueing up in a SWF (if I could muster one) to test that, but, as I searched these forums for a recent issue related to "dedicated server", I found this post. It can't be a coincidence that FurzikusMaximus and I were both running the exact same challenge (Adrenaline Overflow from Tome 2 Level 1) and its required perk, Dead Hard.

    I'm also on Steam for PC, BTW.

    For the moment, I'll just switch to another archive challenge.

    UPDATE: I swapped out the archive for another (Poised Performance, from the same level of the same tome - which I couldn't complete w/ my build, but just wanted to test), and kept everything else the same (perks, offering, item/add-ons, character, cosmetics), and I had no disconnect during my match. Combined w/ what FurzikusMaximus said above about swapping out Dead Hard, it seems that it's specifically the combination of the Adrenaline Overflow challenge with the Dead Hard perk that causes the disconnect.