I tend to try, but I mostly play solo queue, and if my team decides to DC or go next on first hook, then I will give myself up to Skull Merchant and go next as well.
Skull Merchant is a normal killer. Facing her requires coordination, especially if it's a chess merchant. But she is not invincible, it just takes time. Usually, since when I play I am in solo queue, I act as bait for her and try to be as annoying as possible, like letting myself be seen and provoking, even tapping gens from time to time to make her waste kicks. You need to keep her busy, basically.
Of course, as a main killer, I am usually playing her a lot more than what I play against her, but still I have seen survivors successfully overcome the whole chess strategy as well as the more chase-oriented approach to the SM.
She's much weaker now, and certainly no longer the Cheese Monster that she was before. Disarm the drones in chase areas, and sneak to do gens if she plonks them there. No reason to give up with her, as far as I can see.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I tend to try, but I mostly play solo queue, and if my team decides to DC or go next on first hook, then I will give myself up to Skull Merchant and go next as well.
SM tends to be one of the killers I escape the most from. It's very weird to me so many people throw tantrums over her.
Skull Merchant is a normal killer. Facing her requires coordination, especially if it's a chess merchant. But she is not invincible, it just takes time. Usually, since when I play I am in solo queue, I act as bait for her and try to be as annoying as possible, like letting myself be seen and provoking, even tapping gens from time to time to make her waste kicks. You need to keep her busy, basically.
Of course, as a main killer, I am usually playing her a lot more than what I play against her, but still I have seen survivors successfully overcome the whole chess strategy as well as the more chase-oriented approach to the SM.
She's much weaker now, and certainly no longer the Cheese Monster that she was before. Disarm the drones in chase areas, and sneak to do gens if she plonks them there. No reason to give up with her, as far as I can see.