Repeated Disconnects... PC/NA

I"ve played as killer two matches in a row (The Plague), and both matches resulted in the gates being opened at the end… then the game lagging out, then disconnecting, and getting zero progression/blood points etc.

I'm fairly new to the game, but I've had zero issues like this since I started playing about a couple weeks ago. I'm on a fiber connection… please don't assume it's my internet because everything in the house is working perfectly fine. And how would the internet connection know exactly when to fail (when the match is ending and people are trying to get to/escape through gate.)

Two matches in a row, the EXACT same thing. The entire match was fine… gates opened…. lag out and get no progression. Can anyone else contribute to this? Give me an indication of what is happening?

Tagged: Declined

Comments

  • It's a known issue but the devs don't care, nor acknowledge it. Been there since last year at least. It's sad but can't really do much without BHVR fixing their servers. Some people think hackers can do this as well. But who knows. (Only the devs do)

    @EasternSpock said:

    I am on PS5 playing on US East Coast servers, and have posted before about being kicked from matches and receiving "Disconnected from Host" error messages. With the latest update, the error messages were changed to be more clear. It now says, "Dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting...".

    It happened to me today as Singularity right after I switched to a biopod, and suddenly realized I did not have a prompt to exit it. Though this is my first time experiencing this since the update, the same thing has been happening regularly in my matches since around January of 2023 and I have been receiving disconnect penalties for it which force me to stop playing the game. The error usually coincides with a change of health or hook states, using a killer power, performing an interaction, etc. Anything the server has to validate I suppose.

    I hope the fact that this new error message specifies it is an issue with the dedicated servers will help BHVR to quickly resolve it. This thread includes hundreds of comments from a number of players that regularly experience similar disconnections, which we can now see are an issue with servers not responding: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/366497/forcefully-kicked-from-match/p1

    Please acknowledge this report, it's been an endlessly frustrating issue that has repeatedly prevented me from enjoying a game I've purchased content for. Video of one experience below, several other examples in the comments.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mpQESyFNww