(Random) Freeze at Loading Screen (Startup)

Random Freeze at Loading Screen (Startup)

PC (Steam): While loading up the game, the game freezes at the loading screen.

Description

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : First screen appears (logos etc.)

Step 3 : At second screen: Loading screen: The game freezes

Step 4 : Either hard-shutdown pc (because "Shut down" is not accessible; altf4 doesn't work) or go to task manager and close the DbD task (only in case I opened task manager on 2nd screen earlier)

Additional information

  • This freeze happens at total random loadups
  • I deactivated my screencap-software: No changes
  • I have no NVidia overlays
  • I added startup flags (-force -dx11): No significant change
  • My system fullfills the tech requirements
  • Happened after Update to UE5
  • Since then: It happened multiple times; but when it loaded, I played the game normally without any issues in-game (even with 110 fps). I played the complete anniversary and the last chapters as well.
  • The reason I am typing here: This issue is happening since over mutltiple weeks; There are countless threads in the Steam Forums and I simply can't believe this issue is not adressed properly (either forums geht shut-down without any info, if that issue is reported, tracked or anything else.)

documents

  • I wish I could load up my log, but it says "permission problem".
Tagged: Under Review

Comments