Dear Beaviour (Cam)
Hello Dead by Daylight community, I hope the day is going well. I wanted to discuss about the 2 vs 8 gamemode iteration with the limited killers that your able to pick.
Will there be more killer's added to the 2 vs 8 game mode rather than just the 5 original killer's? I remember Matt S. saying "As Justin said before there will be five original killer's coming to this iteration of the game mode but we will be looking to add more as we iterate on it". This response just made me question myself if behavior were gonna add more killer's? I get that there are alot of bugs that would have to be fixed if adding more killer's, but i thought it would also bring more creativity to what killer you pick into the gameplay.
Another thing I wanted to talk about within the 2 vs 8 gamemode is the balancing. When it comes to balancing gamemode in Dead by Daylight, I don't see the point of balancing the amount of killer's you can play in this gamemode. I feel like this is something that will make the gamemode less fun, especially how your limited of making fun duos. For example, Deathslinger and Wesker, Plague and Nemesis, etc. It really just defeats the whole purpose of only adding 5 killer's since no matter how unbalanced or balanced all the killer's are, it will still make the gameplay even out for the 2 vs 8 gamenode basically. Since the maps are big, there's gonna be 10 generators for the killers to have to defend. No matter the killers base kit is, whether it is Teleporting or Range attacks, defending generators will still make it hard for killers. Especially how the survivors have alot of options to ecaspe from when it comes to more Hatches and Exit gates, which makes both sides for the killers and survivors close to fair.
During the Live stream, Justin told Matt S. about how their adding the 5 original killer's so it's free for everyone who is new to Dead by Daylight. I just think there's something about it that makes it unfair for the community since your not able to play any other killer's other than those five. But if everyone in the community can play all the killer's, especially so you can play all the survivors aswell, I really feel like that would make this gamemode fair and not one sided. Overall, i really just think if its limited to 5 killers and 8 survivors, this would be a weird and unfair feature for everyone to experience if the gamemode released with this on July 25th, live.
I hope you understand the concerns for the 2 vs 8 Dead by Daylight gamemode.
Comments
There is going to be more characters added to the mode over time as well as revisions to it, right now one aspect of it is all killers also have passives they grant to other killers, I think the example one was wraith makes another killer stealthy in his TR or within 32m of him while he is cloaked.
But im assuming as they make changes to the mode either partial or complete reworks more killers will be added. But it will be the initial 5 killers (Wraith, Trapper, Billy, Nurse, Huntress) aka killers everyone has at the start. and while having all killers available would probably be a nice its just not feasible to make everything ready at the same time with the current release period on it.
bjorksnas, that's fair and since this is a new gamemode with 2 killers, I get them adding only 5 killers that are accessable for everyone and kinda testing it out before it's fully release. I just think it's really annoying after 8 years of waiting for this mode being a thing and now having to probably wait another year for more killers to come out, overall just sucks.
2v8 will likely be a substantial gameplay change. So much of the game design is based around 1 killer that adding a 2nd will likely create new strategies and game problems that are very hard to predict. Slow walking it makes perfect sense.
The last thing 2v8 fans should want is a full release that is awful and everyone gives up on it after a couple of days and BHVR removes the idea of making it a long term thing.
crogers271, if you put it in that way than yeah their gonna use this gamemode to initially test it out so they can make future balancement for when they add more killers and keep the game permanent. Although, I don't think people would give up on this gamemode if all the killers were added, sure people will most likely complain about it but I can still see alot of people having fun in the 2 vs 8 gamemode for it to not be gone. I mean, community has been waiting for this for years.