Help with basement brightness bug

So I've seen this bug reported April 30th, but it's still persisting on my end and is extremely frustrating. I've also reported the bug myself, with multiple pictures.

@DynAstei said:

I've had this bug ever since the move to Unreal. I've waited patch after patch for it to be fixed, and it hasn't been. Starting to wonder if this is an issue with my computer, since I've only seen this mentioned a handful of other places. This occurs on Steam. At some point in the game, usually after the first hook, the basement area will light up. Sometimes it's not very bright, and the floor above it just looks purple, most times it looks like the pictures I took below, where it's blinding to the point of ruining games. This happens literally every game, it's just that some maps, like Midwhich and Lery's, are still mostly playable, while others (like Coal Tower and Sanctum of Wrath) can be so bad I am forced to disconnect. This bug persists in spectator mode as well, even though the person I am spectating doesn't have this bug.

I've tried verifying my files as well as deleting and re-downloading dbd. I know it's not some other file on my computer because I play on Windows Bootcamp, which I've only had Steam and dbd on when the bug started appearing. If this is something that I can fix locally, I would greatly appreciate the help. This has been extremely frustrating because every game for the past month is either uncomfortable to play or completely ruined, and it seems like there is no fix in sight.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AIP2UG4KCHCQ/img-2216.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LI0LBJK3KU68/img-2222.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2KU21QTPG6L0/img-2223.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/9A959Q06U8F2/img-2221.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DXE3FYEDLHP1/img-2227.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5FBVRP1Z3BIK/img-2217.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DULX848QZH3W/img-2218.jpeg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/431U5M8EV9CZ/deadbydaylight.log

P.S. I'm not sure why the log is in Chinese. Any help is appreciated.

I've finally cracked. Some games are really hard to play, and others are nearly impossible due to my screen just turning green whenever basement is somewhere in the direction I'm looking. I think this is problem for my computer specifically, since my friends don't have this issue, but I don't use shaders (I use Windows Bootcamp, it literally only has DBD and Steam). I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem on my end, because I get the feeling Behavior will never get to this due to its small impact on the community. It's just very disheartening and frustrating to have basement go LED mode mid-match and completely ruin any fun I was having.

Comments

  • I too have been having this issue for months now and it makes some games unplayable as it flashbangs you so hard, you can't keep your eyes open to the point where looking at it even for a few seconds makes me get a headache that lasts for minutes.

    I really wish BHVR would fix this, it's extremely discouraging and I like this game, but 85% of the games are unplayable.

    I have attached some photos that show this bug, but please BHVR, for the love of God, fix this.

    20240501105342_1 - Copy.jpg 20240501105349_1 - Copy.jpg 20240615215001_1.jpg 20240615215033_1 - Copy.jpg 20240615215033_1.jpg 20240630094205_1 - Copy.jpg 20240630094205_1.jpg 20240710105442_1.jpg 20240710105548_1.jpg 20240710105609_1.jpg 20240710105736_1.jpg 20240831212416_1.jpg 20240910130537_1.jpg