How do the devs design killers like the Legion?
Hello DBD-Devs!
This is no rant post, I am genuinely interested in your approach on creating a killer like the legion?
Do you convert an amazing concept into a killer or do you create a killer to the needs of the game itself?
What was the concept behind the legion?
What game play decisions do you make?
This is no rant post, I am genuinely interested in your approach on creating a killer like the legion?
Do you convert an amazing concept into a killer or do you create a killer to the needs of the game itself?
What was the concept behind the legion?
What game play decisions do you make?
Comments
They have a whole stream dedicated to this, #117 I think
So they have a concept and then try to bring it to the game, no matter what.
The initial stabby killer concept went lost in my opinion and the legion evolved more into a sadistic hunter.
Right now there are two legion builds used: max terror radius to put as many survivors as possible into an injured/mend state.
And the tracker build, where you stab someone and then break the case and track the survivor down until he/she bleeds out. This second playstyle was not intended by the devs and they keep an eye on it.
What I wanted to know, if the devs understand what in game impact a killer would have or they just create one.
As far as I understand, they just implement a killer and disregarding the state of the game and meta.