Survivors giving-up : I've cured one ...

Yesterday in the Chaos Shuffle I've cured a survivor who was giving up.

We were on my strongest map.

The Meg was my third hooked survivor and that time she went down pretty easily. They were still at five gens.

She tried to suicide on hook but was saved. When I came back to the hook, her healing teammate fled but he she stood there doing the "come" gesture. She clearly wanted out. Instead I've slugged her and chased the teammate.

Since the match was going bad for the survivors and they were essentially playing with a handicap, I've decided to only slug them (leaving ample opportunity to rescue). My original plan was to give them time to compensate for the effective loss of a player before starting to hook.

After getting slugged a few times, the Meg finally decided to run away. She wasn't even bad. I don't believe the player had more than a couple of hundred of hours but she was making less mistake and better plays than the prestige 53 with 2500 hours she was playing with.

After slugging them so much they almost bled out, I didn't feel like killing them so I let them all out.

That's the only time I've seen a player grow a spine in real time.

I had another game earlier with two giving up and they bled out while I let the two actual survivors do the five remaining gens and leave.

It's Chaos Shuffle: MMR is off so there is no problem being nice once in a while.

Comments

  • Awesome story. That sounds like a fun way to make a new game out of a ruined one. Might try that myself. ๐Ÿ˜