Spouse and I play on the same wifi; why do I keep getting random disconnects and they don't?

For the record, neither of us have ever intentionally disconnected from a match.

I play on PC through Steam, and the other person plays on Xbox. They've only been disconnected maybe 3-4 times, whereas it has happened to me over 10 times (and has only been picking up recently in the past few days), and I've only been playing for about 3 weeks. I know there are other posts documenting similar issues, however is there a reason for this happening more on the PC?

Even when we are in a party together, when a disconnect starts to happen, mine usually disconnects first, and then the other person's does about 15 seconds later. However, most of the time in situations where we are in a party together the other person doesn't get disconnected at all. It's incredibly random and I'm usually just running or working on a gen when the disconnect happens.

We have 300 Mbps internet through Spectrum, I'll provide PC specs if needed.

Some steps I have taken to try to improve the situation:

-Verifying game files through Steam to make sure nothing was corrupted.

-Changed anti-lag settings in my AMD Radeon Adrenalin console, including settings that favor performance.

-Making sure my firewall wasn't blocking the game.

-Using LagoFast to change the server/nodes ( I did this because I was trying to look up solutions, and saw suggestions for this program or a vpn). This did cause me to finish about 2 matches without any issues before crashing the game with a fatal win64 shipping error. When trying to relaunch the game and turning off LagoFast, I was met with a 30005 error from EAC. Restarting the PC fixed this issue as it wouldn't let me delete the EAC sys file.

I tried to play a regular match without using LagoFast, and still had a random disconnect about mid-way through the match.

These disconnects are happening almost every other match if not every match for me.

Are there any ways to work-around this? I don't want my account to get banned from these constant disconnects that I have no control over.

Is this something I need to try to contact my ISP over?

Comments