Rotation Around Gameplay Scheme (Rags)
Introducing a system which rewards you for using different perks, different killers (maybe survivor), different addon strength, offering strength. The Rags system. (Rotation Around Gameplay)
You want variety?
Mix it up a little and recieve RAG tickets for how much variety you play with. These RAG tickets are generated by the game itself. There is no influence from other players.
If you play the same killer/survivor with the same perks and add ons every single game you will recieve very few RAG tickets.
If you play killer/survivor with different perks, killer add ons, offerings, etc. You will be handsomely rewarded with RAG tickets.
As for rewards...What do you want?
Xp, bloodpoints, shards, cosmetics, free season pass (yes, you heard that correctly.)
Exclusive access to seasonal rewards/early access to new stuff, store discount, badge by your name.
You want variety?
Mix it up a little and recieve RAG tickets for how much variety you play with. These RAG tickets are generated by the game itself. There is no influence from other players.
If you play the same killer/survivor with the same perks and add ons every single game you will recieve very few RAG tickets.
If you play killer/survivor with different perks, killer add ons, offerings, etc. You will be handsomely rewarded with RAG tickets.
As for rewards...What do you want?
Xp, bloodpoints, shards, cosmetics, free season pass (yes, you heard that correctly.)
Exclusive access to seasonal rewards/early access to new stuff, store discount, badge by your name.
Comments
Cool idea, but wouldn't work on me.
So if i don't do variety, i'll be punished with longer lobby times.
You will only be prioritized if you have a good RAG status. If you don't find a lobby within 30 seconds the RAG system is ignored and you can match against the usual.
Okay, that's good then.
Personally, i'm still looking for something to hook me, though.
My income's nice enough to not really need free DLC (and i don't mind being that kind of a supporter) and i don't really care about gaining more currencies, i just play with what i like.
Can you go into more depth btw? It's your idea after all.
For example, i play in a very consistent manner lately...
Since my character and abilities are practically the same every match, how much would my different Power modifiers & different Offerings affect the system?
The loadout you have is not strong, this is taken into account when deciding whether you are worthy of gaining/reducing the RAG tickets you receive.
If you decide to bring a mori in or an insta heal in for say... 2 matches in a row. You will not be punished however you will know it is slightly reducing your RAG status.
If you play strong killers with the most powerful and unenjoyable perks and add ons with ebony mori then you will get minimal RAG tickets for participation only.
Fairness is rewarded and a chunk if that is determined on the strength and advantage you have going into matches whether killer or survivor.
But i don't change my Perks, so i won't count as one and it means i'll end up with overpowered users despite using "weak" Add-ons.
Sounds good but shouldn't go overboard. Nothing to crazy that almost forces players to use different perks. I wouldn't like the idea of having an icon for using a large variety.
Perks aren't only there for diverse perk builds, but also for people to customize their killers or survivors to fit their play style and how they enjoy the game the most.
Reading this, something just snapped in my mind: This means i won't be prioritized with the ######### meta.
Now i really like this idea.
One question though: I love Devour Hope.
I'll run that Perk until it's...well, until it's not what it is anymore.
Anyway, that Perk is very risky but is in turn also the Perk with the most power after some work.
How would something like that be rated?
Delicious!
Rank is still the main factor on matchmaking. This way you won't get rank 15s v a rank 4 killer.
I dunno'. I just feel like the variety alone is enough reason for someone who plays a lot to switch things up, and if they're still having fun with the same old, I don't see anything wrong with that.
I understand how those who play one load out then go with that every match may be penalized. To address this RAGS will be lenient towards those especially more so if they play easy to win as characters.
Base RAG Ticket rate per match: Bad RAG (2) Neutral RAG (6) Good RAG (10)
Keeping a fairly balanced loadout and consistently playing that will put you between neutral and good RAG per match.
Just having a built-in Random Killer/Survivor and Perk wheel would do this job.
What this sounds like to me is forcing people to play in styles that fit what you consider right. You get punished if you actually like the Nurse or Billy or Spirit. You are a bad killer, While I understand what you are trying to do, the system you are recommending is a punishment not a reward system. To the island of misfit toys if you have a favorite killer you want to play, esp if it is a top tier killer.
I like this because when I play bloody Kate I could say I'm on the RAGS.
There is no right style, however I want to encourage people to mix up their game. Give them RAG tickets to combat the devs desire not to implement all round balance.
As long as you don't equip the strongest possible load every match out you will still earn a decent amount of RAG tickets. Even if you played as a top tier killer you would get 5/6 RAG tickets at base. Add ons will drag that number down. Still it all adds up. Better than devotion being a thing.
I think it would be better, similar idea, copy most of what you said ... but ... you push a Killer/Survivor roulette button and the game chooses perks at random from what you have already unlocked. Sometimes you get good ones, sometimes you get useless garbage, but you still get the equal chance to earn more rewards.
Lastly, one small "problem" with the "normal" plan when I level/prestige, I specifically only pick the most useful perk handed to me then focus on getting it to rank 3 ... My survivors and Killers tend to have smaller perk pools because of this. So I would handicap myself for this system, Im not sure I like that idea.