Dealing with Survivors

I'm new to the killer side of DBD, so my question is this:
How do you effectively defend your generators against teams that seem to go 3 to one generator and one chase person? I tried ignoring the chase person and going for the team, but it just never works out. How do I become a better killer? I use Cannible and The Shape mainly

Comments

  • Get one person asap, hook him and patrol gens. As more experience u got, as faster will you with catching and and finding. That's the absolute basic I can give you 
  • If your using the shape in that scenario, Try stalking them while they're on the gen, 3 people on a gen get it done pretty fast but you should have enough time to stalk all three until they're exposed.
    Grouped up survivors are also good for cannibal since he can down multiple with his chainsaw, but that's a lot easier said than done.

  • Cannibal is kinda bad, so maybe choosing a different killer would be better. He's only good at sitting at a hook after you hook someone, which is no fun for anyone.
    As Mikey, you can just stalk them and fill that meter up if they don't see you. Try to get the meter up as close as possible to tier 3 without entering it, then fill up that last bit when you get close to a survivor. This gets you more time in tier 3 and makes it so survivors can't just run away and waste that precious time you have in that state.
    Otherwise, my advice is to down and hook someone, anyone, as soon as you can into the game. Doesn't really matter who. Hooking someone requires at least one person to get off of a generator and unhook them, which buys you time to go after someone else and unhook them.