Why does this count as toxic?
Usually in games being toxic means to tbag or something that isn't necessary, and doesn't help us win, but we do anyway. Though that still applies here, DBD has the extra layer that some things that are considered low skill yet too strong are also toxic (AKA camping takes very little skill but is very strong). This is probably because they're not really fun for either side, making them a bit 'try-hardy'.
I've been using up flashlights on my feng recently to prestige her, and even though out of like 20 games i've only got one flashlight save, i'm being face camped most games, with messages in the chat after like "toxic #########" or "click the flashlight and you die". I'l admit, they used to be too strong, and if you knew how to use them it was abuse as the killer couldn't hook anyone downed in an open area, but since the constant nerfs, how can you use them as an excuse to ruin both their game and your own, by standing afk in front of a hooked person until they die. I think people need to reconsider what they think is toxic, as i get if someone tbags, they probably deserve to be camped, or if your losing and you need that advantage, but why would you ruin both your game and their's (when yours was going fine) just because you're against an item that isn't even that strong anymore... You're living in the past
Comments
@No_Cluie_Louis clicking flashlight is toxic. Using the flashlight to save/blind the killers is not.
When they said clicking, i think they meant even touching the activate button, i wasn't spam clicking it lol, sorry for the bad wording
Spamming clicks is going to get a lot of hate. I tunnel every time it happens. If you are going for saves, I don't care, you are playing the game how it should be played.
WHY is click spamming toxic? Its like a little brat tugging on you, making screeching noises and they wont stop no matter how much they ignore you. Most clickers are trained loopers as well, experience killers know when they are being baited, and will laugh if they down someone who click spams and cant loop. Clicking is distracting as is always in the back of the killers mind that a blind may be around the corner.
That is NOT to say you SHOULDNT do it .. I'm a killer main, play how you want to play. Im not adhering to some stupid honor code and neither should you. Clicking the flashlight is just as viable a tactic as camping. You do you. However don't whine when it blows up in your face. IF you cant back up your trolling with some skill, stop trolling and you will get targeted/camped/tunneled less.
I actually find it hilarious how people say flashlight click or teabagging is toxic. No it's not. It's a mind game, where you are purposely trying to get the killer's attention. Yea a lot of killers take it as a sign of disrespect, which is why they get angry, but these sorts of things have existed in games since forever. Making your opponent angry is a way to get them to mess up. Studies have shown that when you are angry you are more likely to take risks, and it's those risks that you're capitalizing on. As long as you can say GG at the end of the game, it's all fine. It only becomes toxic when the player takes it too personal and then reciprocates, usually in post game chat.
Like you guys should go watch some Gears of War eSport matches. These guys will say the nastiest things to each other, to the point that TC/MS had to step in for Gears 4 and lay down some rules on what you can and cannot say (namely you can't use the word "#########", among the obvious racial slurs and such). They SCREAM this stuff at each other all throughout the game, as a means to get into the opponent's head and mess them up. But when the game ends, they all shake hands and go back to being best friends, like nothing ever happened.
Sorry but if you take these actions personally then you're the toxic one.
Pick a flashlight and your escape rate in my game has just drastically decreased.
I dont bother what you call it, I simply dislike playing against flashlight users, so I remove them from my game asap
ERADICATE
Do know tho if you are running a macro on your flashlight i will report your ass to bhvr. There are still many bugs related to macroing the flashlight that can break audio.
But why, only about 5% of flashlight users can actually use them. Half the time it makes the team do worse because they're busy trying to blind you. I really think you're living in the past too much if you feel that way towards flashlight players. They just aren't op anymore
And even if its just a potato clicking the flashlight without any effect, he will still be removed from my game ASAP
Flashlights are actually really helpful to letting another survivor know you're following them. Otherwise, I don't usually use it seriously when I bring them and I haven't really noticed any more camping/tunneling because of the use. I mean, killers will camp/tunnel for anything. I legit had someone chase me down once 'cause I was a Dwight (daily) and he really didn't like Dwights. It's whatever.