TAA is causing massive motion blur - genuinely made me sick

While I realize there are a lot of issues since the UE5 update, Rubberbanding, Hitching, Stutters, FPS drops, insane resources eaten during game play, crazy texture pop in, none of them are as bad as the one that has popped up today.

As of today's update if TAA is enabled it adds massive motion blur to the game. This is VERY noticeable on killer and in my example I show myself changing multiple settings / they don't change anything, until I get to TAA. I move back and forth towards the window, so you can see it and I have filters turned off, so you see it exactly how it is in-game.

While it's very obvious this is happening in this instance, it's not JUST when staring at something like windows. While playing Wesker if my knife is next to a "lighter" object I'll see the motion blur on it. That's actually what led me to making the thread, because the blur trail made me physically nauseous.

Below is a clip I posted on my Twitter. I cannot currently play killer while this is a thing.

Platform: PC

Steps to Reproduce: Start a match with TAA on

How often does this occur: Every time

I'm also running on DX12 on Ultra settings, if that helps.

Holy heck, @DeadByDaylight what have you done to Anti-Aliasing with this update. I get severe motion sickness and this happens unless I turn TAA off. Filters off in the clip, sorry it's dark, but I wanted to show it exactly how it is in game. This is brutal and it's not just staring at windows, it'll happen with the shadow of my knife as I'm moving. Opening a ticket and I'll link it in the replies, please make sure to respond/upvote..I don't think I can play killer while this is a thing, unless I disable AA. #DBD #DeadByDaylight
Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • After more testing, this doesn't seem to be as obvious on EVERY other map, but it's extremely nauseating on Haddonfield and I've noticed it's very strong on Borgo as well.

  • I have to concur. TAA seems to make everything significantly blurrier, especially on Ultra graphics.

  • TAA is horrible. I hope we get FXAA or some other alternative anti-aliasing option.