PC - game stuck on "Initializing shaders" screen

When attempting to load into the game on PC dbd takes up all of my CPU and loading does not progress past the initializing shaders section.

I have double and triple checked mu GPU, even done a factory reset on my computer but this has not fixed the issue.

Using "-dx11" in the Launch Options section on steam allows me to get past this screen but the game instantly crashes after the introduction scene.


Sorry just found out this is a duplicate, comments under the original post look helpful I'll link it below for anyone else lost like me

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • @Whitelotus82 said:

    I'm on PC and I did the 7.7.0 update and now I can't log into the game without it crashing before it's finished initializing. Is there a fix for this? I already verified the integrity of my files.

  • I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

  • @ashoarso said:

    I'm having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a fix?

    Hey ash, it may be an issue with your intel card or unfortunatly your GPU may not support URE5 shaders like mine.
    Look in the comments of the post I linked here for more advice

  • I downloaded the game yesterday and the game wont pass the loading screen with initializing shaders.

    Snimka zaslona 2024-07-10 124536.png

    What can i do to fix it?