When will Glitches with Potential Energy and toolbox be fixed?

@Robecuba said:

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor with the perk "Potential Energy" and a toolbox

Step 3 : Begin repairing a generator.

Step 4 : Once "Potential Energy" activates, begin to "Store Potential Energy".

Step 5: Let go of the generator and quickly switch to repairing with a toolbox.

Step 6: "Potential Energy" will now charge with the speed of the toolbox, but no toolbox charges will be used.

Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-QlMsfXWzA&lc=Ugzda8Qvdtt8VMrhlX14AaABAg.A287MtqNTjBA28m2dg-w2e&ab_channel=Tatariu

Additional information

Given by the responses to the YouTube video linked above, this is a replicable bug. I do not wish to replicate this bug, as it is very game-breaking and seems, to me, like a bannable exploit. I would replicate it against a killer bot if those were in the game.

If I find anybody to replicate this bug in a custom match with, I will update this post with the logs and video.

No matter how many times I reported the bug, no matter how many times I reported the player who seemed to be the user on the result screen, it was never fixed in the latest patch notes, but rather, it was a neat

Unless this bug, along with OTR, is fixed, I will have to leave because I may have an advantage due to glitches just to have a buddy with a toolbox when playing Survivor. And of course during killer play. Why is this problem continually ignored?

Tagged: Co-ordinatorMod

Comments

  • Its beyond me why potential energy isnt killswitched yet. This is not acceptable in the slightest.

  • Oh wow that is a pretty major bug. Hopefully that gets fixed as soon as possible.

  • remember when spirit had a bug on her phase sound that made Non-directional?

    What they did? Nothing, they didn’t kill switch her, everyone was playing her because of that

    So yeah, they will not killswitch because it is ‘’playable’’

  • So I could not use Spirit in killer play at that time and I avoided survivor play as much as possible. Even then I thought it should be fixed or killswitched in an emergency patch immediately. This time it is a survivor perk and the impact is worse than that because I can't be bothered to play killer play myself.

  • @ItsRyou said:

    Looks like this was fixed.

    nope

  • This is currently under review by the team - there is an active thread where comments can be left in the appropriate section here on the forums so the team can see them.

    @Shiokishi said:

    • Platform: PC, possibly every platform
    • Description of the issue: Switching to a toolbox while Potential Energy is active (at least 1 Token) doesnt consume the toolbox even though it speeds up the Tokengain. After a short test in some custom games, this can save up to 15 seconds (no other perks used).
    • Steps to reproduce (worked 4/4 times as of now):

    -Start working on a gen without using the toolbox
    -Activate Potential Energy and get at least 1 Token
    -Immediatly stop repairing and switch to repairing with the tool box
    -Repair until potential energy has 20 stacks (toolbox wont be consumed in the process)
    -put in all 20 stacks
    -immediatly switch back to repairing without the toolbox
    -repeat

    By using an Engineer's Toolbox with Socket Swivels and Clean Rag, you can get a gen done in roughly 66 seconds (not using other perks and being solo). Using the toolbox normally would require roughly 80 seconds to repair a gen.
    • How often does this occur: Everytime you make use of it