So i discovered on twitter that it seems like the new update now uses direct x12 as a default, therefore the performance may be better or worse depending on how old your hardware is. For me it's worse. You can go back to direct x11 using steam launching options, i use "-dx11". Also, this issue fixes the problem with shaders taking forever to initialize, it happens very quickly now.
@Emeal tagging you since i remember you had the same issue with the shaders taking forever to load.
also forgot to mention that rubberbanding is still horrible unfortunately but at least they announced today they are looking into it.
Where was this announced? I see nothing on twitter and nothing on the forums
I just made a weird observation. As killer I experienced rubber-banding when running over a specific spot on Hawkins but only from one direction, running the other way was fine. This was reproducible. Unfortunately, the game was ending and I could not really test too much.
edit: Went into customs and it was immediately reproducible. It seems to be any room with a sliding door that opens when the generator inside it is repaired like between 0P_HD131 and 1P_HD131 on the black-yellow line.
So, I'm curious. This patch brought a lot of issues with it that we all see. How did these problems slip by the devs, who were supposed to playtest? I get it if an issue or two affected certain pieces of hardware, but we're all showing a plethora of different systems, yet with the same problems.
I reinstalled to try out the Unknown, but with the rubberbanding every few seconds, it's more frustration than fun. I'll just wait three months for them to patch it out, maybe.
Yeah the rubberbanding is unbearable right now. I feel like it gotten worse the past few days. And it's frustrating seeing people who somehow don't experience it at all or way less than me.
i rubberbanded every game. I played 2 games yesterday, in the first game I had 2 bots with broken names that let my teammate almost die on hook(they got stuck on the stairs of basement), and I had literal babies on my team( a console player with probably 20 hours). After that match, I just logged off and probably won’t play dbd for a while lol, game is just a mess rn unfortunately. Also my ping peaks to like 200ish some games when I rubberband.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Where was this announced? I see nothing on twitter and nothing on the forums
Day 2:
https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/2a8VHWRsbAgJIc/d1337Kf0gHzj?invite=cr-MSw0dWssMTYwMzY5ODIs
https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/2a92vBwj06GjD-/d13373v4tkov?invite=cr-MSxpRlIsMTYwMzY5ODIs
https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/2a9962vc4Pp8JE/d1337ZszZy4k?invite=cr-MSw0cWUsMTYwMzY5ODIs
Day 3:
https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/2ajxvWpYF9dk-i/d1337uXlmDT5?invite=cr-MSwwTGosMTYwMzY5ODIs
https://medal.tv/games/dead-by-daylight/clips/2ajwb50-S1H6HC/d13377ydjwrW?invite=cr-MSxsdkYsMTYwMzY5ODIs
It wasn't officially announced, i only saw people saying that this was the case. But i believe it.
Tried this as well, it rubber banded for me too, theres some theories going around that its a collision issue with the engine update.
Still rubberbanding like crazy. Especially as survivor. Windows/Steam
So…whens the patch, this is so annoying.
So, I'm curious. This patch brought a lot of issues with it that we all see. How did these problems slip by the devs, who were supposed to playtest? I get it if an issue or two affected certain pieces of hardware, but we're all showing a plethora of different systems, yet with the same problems.
I reinstalled to try out the Unknown, but with the rubberbanding every few seconds, it's more frustration than fun. I'll just wait three months for them to patch it out, maybe.
Yeah the rubberbanding is unbearable right now. I feel like it gotten worse the past few days. And it's frustrating seeing people who somehow don't experience it at all or way less than me.
i rubberbanded every game. I played 2 games yesterday, in the first game I had 2 bots with broken names that let my teammate almost die on hook(they got stuck on the stairs of basement), and I had literal babies on my team( a console player with probably 20 hours). After that match, I just logged off and probably won’t play dbd for a while lol, game is just a mess rn unfortunately. Also my ping peaks to like 200ish some games when I rubberband.
yes
Same on ps5 laggy and screen getting stuck