What is my incentive to stay in a game with a hook camper or tunneler?

1st Game:

Singularity hooks a Leon and starts to chase and down an Ada Wong.

Leaves her down and uses his teleport to come back to the hook right as the save happens on the Leon.

Why would I play this game? So I die on hook. :)

2nd Game:

Leon gets downed. Haddie gets downed right next to Leon.

Leon gets hooked. I go for Leon. Haddie gets hooked right next to Leon because the hooks are literally right next to each other most of the time.

Unknown hooks Haddie and then goes back to Leon's hook and then is able to hit me AND spit the bomb on me.

Why would I play this game? So I die on hook. :)


Like how are any measures being put in to actually help the survivors enjoy the game? In the past 2 years there has been nerfed flashlights, nerfed medkits, nerfed survivor perks, nerfed loops, nerfed boons, an increase in silent killers, an increase in anti-loop killers, an increase in teleporting killers, an increase in aura reading perks, an increase in screaming perks, an increase in exposure perks. What have survivors gotten exactly? The ability to unhook if a killer stays right in their face HOPEFULLY before they hit 2nd hook as long as no teammates are around? I'm sure the additional seconds to decisive strike will help in the next patch………….. as long as you do nothing that is considered a conspicuous action… such as existing.

I already know these forums are killer-sided. The devs are killer-sided as well. But if no one ever actually speaks up for the survivors, you're going to lose them all.

PLAYERS DO NOT ENJOY SOLO-QUEUING ANYMORE.

PLAYERS FRIENDS HAVE STOPPED PLAYING BECAUSE OF THE IMBALANCE SO THEY STOP PLAYING ALSO.

Comments

  • @KayTwoAyy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3701441#Comment_3701441

    Because the pattern of behavior indirectly hurts your own experience.

    As Survivor tolerance for tunneling and camping goes down, so to does their willingness to be an active participant in your game.

    You would do well to remember that online gaming is a social contract, and your behavior online only benefits you for as long as others are willing to tolerate it.

    Your aversion to social responsibility follows you around like a scourge, and should you continue to disregard the influence you have on others, you should know that you are directly responsible for many good things coming to an end; whether you feel it or not.

    This social contract only comes i to play for killers tho, in my time playing this game (2016-2024) I have never seen an ounce of empathy or regard for gameplay quality from a survivors towards killer. However I have seen multiple times the contrary being avocated to. When the stun save timing patch that broke saves happened, no survivor said that was problematic and it made killer horrible to play as, when a killer gets killswitched or has a game breaking bug that makes playing them bad I have NEVER seen survivor players avocate for their fixing, I have however seen them celebrating because they dont have to face said killer. Its kinda hard to respect this social contract when you are not getting any benefits of it while having all the drawbacks no?

  • @squbax said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3701631#Comment_3701631

    This social contract only comes i to play for killers tho, in my time playing this game (2016-2024) I have never seen an ounce of empathy or regard for gameplay quality from a survivors towards killer. However I have seen multiple times the contrary being avocated to. When the stun save timing patch that broke saves happened, no survivor said that was problematic and it made killer horrible to play as, when a killer gets killswitched or has a game breaking bug that makes playing them bad I have NEVER seen survivor players avocate for their fixing, I have however seen them celebrating because they dont have to face said killer. Its kinda hard to respect this social contract when you are not getting any benefits of it while having all the drawbacks no?

    Have you only played Killer during those 8 years?

    What you are claiming sounds more akin to motivated perception that objective reality.

    Just this past week I…

    • Stopped working on gens because Survivors completed 3 before the first down
    • Gave Dredge a free down because 3 gens popped before he could down me
    • Gave Wesker as many free hits as he wanted because he was struggling on Garden of Joy
    • Gave the Unknown 3 free downs on the same pallet because I made him look silly early game
    • Gave Myers a free down in EGC because I was directly responsible for the numerous challenges he faced that game

    …and I'm just one player who I know for a fact is not the nicest, most considerate gamer playing DBD right now.

    You can't possibly claim that Survivors lack empathy toward Killers' experience, when Survivors are capable of lifting their foot off the gas without cueing anyone else in the lobby to their behavior. Do I think a Killer will feel good seeing me give them free downs? Hell no! So what do I do? I pretend to be outplayed.


    Hell, I may have pretended to be outplayed by you at one time or another. From your perspective, you just pulled off a great play and feel real great about yourself. From my perspective, I just gave you a freebie to protect your ego.

    You're none-the-wiser, so of course you're going to think no one did you any favors.

    Edit: Just so we are clear, the acknowledgement and adherence to social contracts in gaming is not a Survivor or Killer thing. Survivors are just as capable of demonstrating good sportsmanship as Killers, if not for the sole fact that nothing is stopping a Survivor from playing Killer, and vice versa.

  • Could be possible but I am not talking only about gameplay aspect, which is why I think you omitted the other part of the post, when has a survivor player ever avocated for chages that make the killer experience better? Literally have seen it like 3-4 times in all my time on the forums and dbd related social media. When lockers were bugged almost everyone was using it and justifying it, same with wake up and after boil over was buffed people felt a strong need to play on rpd for some musterious reason.

    Now killers do this too, as when mercyless storm was bugged its pickrate went up, or when legion was bugged people also played them a lot.

    However the debate is always "killer has to make sure everyone has fun", but a survivor has not that need whatsoever.

    When we have had patches that change killer and make them more cluncky/worst to olay as, from the survivor side you will hear no voice claiming that maybe some qol changes are needed, but you will habe a lot of voices claiming "good riddance, maybe less people will play that annoying killer".

    Sorry but I do not buy your narrative, I have never gotten any empathy from any survivor player, not even as their teamate, as all I get is flamed, deathreads or just mocking messages, you can a 100% be telling the truth, but its hard to convince someone that the dog doesnt bite when every dog they have met has mauled them.

  • @squbax said:

    Could be possible but I am not talking only about gameplay aspect, which is why I think you omitted the other part of the post, when has a survivor player ever avocated for chages that make the killer experience better? Literally have seen it like 3-4 times in all my time on the forums and dbd related social media. When lockers were bugged almost everyone was using it and justifying it, same with wake up and after boil over was buffed people felt a strong need to play on rpd for some musterious reason.

    Now killers do this too, as when mercyless storm was bugged its pickrate went up, or when legion was bugged people also played them a lot.

    However the debate is always "killer has to make sure everyone has fun", but a survivor has not that need whatsoever.

    When we have had patches that change killer and make them more cluncky/worst to olay as, from the survivor side you will hear no voice claiming that maybe some qol changes are needed, but you will habe a lot of voices claiming "good riddance, maybe less people will play that annoying killer".

    Sorry but I do not buy your narrative, I have never gotten any empathy from any survivor player, not even as their teamate, as all I get is flamed, deathreads or just mocking messages, you can a 100% be telling the truth, but its hard to convince someone that the dog doesnt bite when every dog they have met has mauled them.

    I did not respond to your remarks about the forum, because I don't consider out-of-game experiences a part of the social contract.

    The governing bodies on this forum do not exist in-game, and the power disparity between players is not felt on the forums in the same way that it is in-game. In other words, I believe that individual player willingness to uphold the social contract in-game has a larger impact on game health and overall player experience than the feedback and/or criticism that takes place on the forums.

    I won't deny that player opinion outside of game impacts player behavior and/or perceptions in-game, but player opinion over any one element of the game (however heinous) wouldn't matter if everyone treated their opponents with respect.

1 2 3 4 ›