Updated Thoughts About the Blight Changes
Hello all this is my second post here, I recently made a post about the recent PTB blight changes, I have updated my thoughts, and also I can’t get access to it and I need to send it to me strimmer man. Most of my points still stand but I would like to go into further detail.
ADD-ONS:
SHREDDED NOTES: This add-on was never good enough to have a downside, nice to see a new quality of life add-ons
SOUL CHEMICAL: This add-on was unique and provided a unique style of gameplay, now it’s just another boring speed add-on, completely unoriginal and overused
SUMMONING STONE: This add-on also provided a unique style of gameplay, however rush duration has only been used 2 others times so I could possibly give this a pass
COLLISION:
It’s nice that collision has been tweaked so that maps like swamp and eyrie are actually playable, it makes blight less frustrating to play and makes him more beginner friendly. Is what I would have said if this didn’t affect the hug-tech and ability to flick around corners. The hug-tech is argued to be un-counterable, however people who say that are showing symptoms of ‘skill issue’ and if you see someone say this please report it to Herman. I’ve had many games where I went for hug-techs and they’ve not worked as the survivors knew how to counter them. This will also make Blight less beginner friendly, since he is a very mechanically challenging killer, removing this somewhat easy tech will discourage new players and casual players from playing him. Another downside is that it reduces interaction between the survivor and killer, the hug tech is essentially a mind game in your power which feels great to win on both sides. It will also reduce how fun blight is, going for insanely ambitious hits and part of the fun of blight, taking that away takes a lot of fun and personality about the character away. The Hug-tech was also a way to express your skill, removing that will just lead to more dullness in the community. Collision also feels extremely strict now, the ability to flick around corners feels limited now which feels awful, and doesn’t allow you to go for cool shots.
In conclusion, I believe these changes aren’t very good, cheaply buffing the add-ons to make them less unique, and fixing collision by removing a fun interactive mechanic. Also can we plz subscribe to Lilith omen
Comments