Rendering distance in the PTB -> better performance

@McLean did you (or someone else) reduced the render distance for textures on certain maps in the PTB? Because I had like 50% more FPS on farm maps (as survivor) and I noticed that some textures weren't rendered at certain distance like usual.
If this is intentional to test performance: please keep it!
And if this isn't intentional: please keep it! :D

Maybe it's really time now for some more graphics settings for us players to adjust manually in the settings, especially render distance of textures, the performance boost is really significant high!
I know you guys restricted the settings so noone could "abuse" that to get an advantage over others. But the thing is, this didn't affected the gameplay at all. The objects still were there, but only the textures didn't rendered on detail.
For example: If I was close to a building I could see every piece of wood. Further away I only see building without the details of holes and wood pieces.

Comments