My problem with 5 second DS...
Before I say anything, I need to clarify: this is not a complaint that tunneling will be harder. Survivors thanking the DBD Gods that this perk is getting reverted, I get it. Really, I do. I run OtR religiously because Tunnelled sucks. I get it.
My problem is just that, though. It's solely because of this perk. We had how long with OtR taking its place, and people have been begging for DS to be reverted because it's nothing compared to what DS was.
Essentially, the main form of anti-tunneling comes in a single licensed perk, outclassing all others. Off The Record? Even if it only works once, a single use of DS outclasses OtR in almost every way, especially if you immediately get off the hook anyway. Guardian/Babysitter? I hardly remember what it does because it's a joke. BT? Same issue as OtR.
This perk powers creep any anti-tunnel perks, and its mere existence single-handedly changes the entire flow of a game. It's ludicrous. Why should one perk be this game-changing? And why does it have to be the licensed perk?
And I can't be too mad because I almost perfectly understand why survivors use it. It's just sad this game relies so heavily on the mere existence of one perk.
Only semi-related, but I can't help but laugh. Killers post 6.1.0 went from Pain Res/Pop to CoB/OC/Eruption back to Pain Res/Pop, while survivors are going from DS/DH to OtR/SB/Lithe back to DS/DH/Lithe and maybe UB or Deli.
Just a funny little circle we went in.
Comments