Why I think the new meta is gonna be awesome and legion is gonna be very powerful

Hey everyone, I want to discuss about something that, from what I seen in the discussion section both from Steam and Reddit, it hasn't really talked about really much. It's about the hopefully new meta that the devs just let us see in the PTB, and uncommonly enough I'm gonna be very optimistic about those changes.

First of all, I just want to warn that english is not my native language, so there are gonna be few grammatical errors and stuff.

Alright, let me start by telling what I used to struggle a lot as killer. Since I've been starting to get better at the game, one of my issues was making pressure in the map. Although it depends on the survivors choice and the killer you're playing, I really couldn't do anything against a good team that split up when doing gens. Gen pressure was just too much, and even if the chases were extremely short I often got in the situation where 3 gens were fully repaired after 1 minute and a half of the start of the game. The only killers I used to not struggle much with that was the Nurse and somewhat the Hillbilly, as they have so much map pressure.

But then, something changed in my playstyle when Legion came out. As I played the killer(s) in the way they're technically intended, I noticed how effective and fun they are when survivors tends to stick together, especially when they were doing gens. The only issue was that good survivors won't do that often, as the efficient way to win a game for survivors is by doing objectives by themself. This counts for healing action aswell, even if they recently tried to nerf Self Care. But overall, I really liked the Legion intended playstyle and I tried to experiment the same playstyle with different killers. The only harsh part about that playstyle was getting to know where survivors were doing gens, and how much time I would have to went there and stop them.

So, if you are still reading this you're probably wondering what does this has to do with the new meta, and I'm very happy to tell you so! As you all seen in the patch notes of the PTB they gave a huge buff to some survivors perks like Leader, Prove Thyself, eccetera. Those perks basically in short words gives a good buff to survivors when they are close enough and they're doing an action like repairing generators and healing. Prove Thyself as an example, is now able to get a gen done in group in way less time. Not only that, but they buffed some unused killers perks too like Surveillance and Spies from the Shadows. We also have Discordance, one of the three new perks from the Legion that its function is really similiar with those ones.

Now you're probably slowing getting into what I mean, but basically those killer perks are really good for getting informations of where and when the survivors are doing gens together, and also those survivor perks promotes so much team play. If they are powerful enough, survivors will run those perks almost always and the previous perks like Self Care and Decisive Strike are gonna be used less. By that, survivors will try to stick together and help each other a lot more often, And this is where it's gonna be so good for killer mains! Those new perks are gonna be really useful against this type of strategy, and making pressure it's gonna be way more possible than before! The only issue with that, is that most of killers won't understand how to counter those perks and they will probably complain a lot, especially about Prove Thyself. But once they will understand how to use the correct strategy, they will re-think about it. And also, this type of playstyle very similar to the Legion one promotes anti-tunneling, as you will have to stop chasing a survivor mutliple times just to stop the other survivors from doing a gen all together.

With that being said, I'm not exactly sure if this is what the devs are trying to do, but if it is then I'm very happy about how the game is improving! As for those Self Care and Legion buffs: I don't really agree on both of them, especially the Self Care one, but I'm quite sure they won't be going in the live servers as a lot of people agree on that. I would like to also see Fank's Mixtape getting nerfed/changed, as the Legion is hopefully gonna be a good killer I don't think he would need such a powerful addon like that.

I'm sorry if I wrote a little bit too much and I might went too deep in this argument ahah, but I really wanted to start a discussion about this. Also I already posted this discussion on Reddit, but it did not got many upvotes so I wanted to try to post it again here

Anyway, I would really like to know what you all think of that, so please consider to share your opinion c:

Comments

  • tl;dr, but I'm going to assume all good stuff, thank you for being the guy that most people aren't. I really hope that the devs see past what people are saying about legion and push the change through, it will help to make him more of a threat and less of a joke, also people dont seem to understand that all the ways to counter him from before still apply.

  • @AlphaJackson said:
    tl;dr, but I'm going to assume all good stuff, thank you for being the guy that most people aren't. I really hope that the devs see past what people are saying about legion and push the change through, it will help to make him more of a threat and less of a joke, also people dont seem to understand that all the ways to counter him from before still apply.

    so.... none, right?

  • All of this is good and all...

    But first we will need to be able to get a lobby. Which can't happen if all the survivors leave the game or switch over to play Legion :chuffed:

    Things I can see happening.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    @AlphaJackson said:
    tl;dr, but I'm going to assume all good stuff, thank you for being the guy that most people aren't. I really hope that the devs see past what people are saying about legion and push the change through, it will help to make him more of a threat and less of a joke, also people dont seem to understand that all the ways to counter him from before still apply.

    so.... none, right?

    The trick to countering legion is to press ESC, navigate to the bottom right and click the "LEAVE GAME" button and confirm.