Is hot keying your flash light to the mouse wheel bannable?
I'm a twitch streamer and had a match as killer where I was hearing a really weird noise throughout the match. I asked my chat about it and someone said that one survivor had their flashlight click hot keyed to their mouse wheel.
I was told this could cause lag enough to dc people out of the match. (It didn't in that match) but later on, I played with that viewer and he used the same hot key. One of the survivors dc'd and I immediately told him until I could find evidence either proving this was bannable or not, that they don't use it.
I don't encourage cheats or hacks ever and don't want to be associated with such behavior. Just trying to find actual documentation somewhere that states whether or not this is a bannable offense.
Thanks for your time.
I was told this could cause lag enough to dc people out of the match. (It didn't in that match) but later on, I played with that viewer and he used the same hot key. One of the survivors dc'd and I immediately told him until I could find evidence either proving this was bannable or not, that they don't use it.
I don't encourage cheats or hacks ever and don't want to be associated with such behavior. Just trying to find actual documentation somewhere that states whether or not this is a bannable offense.
Thanks for your time.
Comments
Pretty sure it isn't bannable as i've seen some streamers do it (including some very well known ones) but I imagine doing it to the point it causes people to crash or whatever would be ban worthy.
There used to be an exploit people could do by using a macro that would click it so fast that it would break the game. That has been fixed (some say it can still happen, but I have not received any reports of it recently and I used to see them all the time). Also, in order to do it that way, you would literally have to click it a thousand times per second, so call me a pessimist but I don't think you'd be able to pull that off with the scroll wheel.
If someone does actually manage to DC everyone with it these days, it is an exploit and it is bannable.