Just a rant about meta 🤗
killer meta so fun with the grim embrace buff. Every game is just pop, res, grim embrace and some fourth perk which will either be regression or something for chase. Not even gonna worry about how the adren tweak will affect the game since the odds of seeing endgame with this dog ######### meta will more than likely be lower (heavily survivor sided game according to many btw 🥴)
Comments
Yeah todays meta really ain't fun to go against, but that goes for both sides. No killer likes going against a full squad of meta perks either.
I honestly think that each individual perk needs to be brought down HEAVILY in terms of strength. There are several perks that have not changed over the years that were considered strong and nowadays arent even considered due to powercreep.
Yep when every match is rinse repeat it's zzz. I loved lights out even though I got sacrificed every match nearly lol.
At least I didn't bdt have to deal with perks and it was scary. Now I just play to be silly and have fun. It does get boring though. Everyone runs the same stuff :(
I mean it goes both ways . On the survivor side it's the same 5 to 6 perks too. They will likelly changed any problematic perks and remove the synergy between grim and dms
That's nothing though, is it? Over the last 3 years both sides have always complained about meta and it's never 'fun' to face it.
In my opinion the current slowdown perks are mostly fine. Deadlock and Grim Embrace aren't great though. Deadlock is simply too strong considering that you do nothing for it to activate and Grim Embrace is pretty unhealthy in combination with DMS. Apart from that though, killer perks are fine in my opinion (if anything, many of them are too weak like OC and CoB). They might be pretty unfun to play against at times but they're not overpowered.
It's the same for survivor perks. There is one combination of perks that is pretty unhealthy (Buckle Up + FTP) but apart from that they're fine. Many of them are too weak but the strongest ones are fine. I'm not really sure why Adrenaline will receive changes because it'd be completely fine, if it wasn't for it countering Freddy's power.
It's also clear that the game is balanced around slowdown perks. The match is over insanely fast without them and there is no way a killer can go for many chases in that time. I play without slowdown most of the time and it's not exactly a good feeling when all 4 survivors escape through the gates in less than 5 minutes. That is barely enough to get 4 hooks (and even that is optimistic) and you already need to slow them down considerably for the game to go that long.