Weird momentum issues when using Oni's demonstrike.

Platform: PC (Steam)

Played a match of Oni and I noticed some really weird issues using his power. I had alot of trouble catching people while demon striking, I then realized something was killing my momentum, so I'd end up falling short of actually hitting them.


At first I thought it had something to do with me pressing the movement keys, but then I realized it was just the momentum from moving whatsoever. If I was at a standstill I would get little to no distance. This is a problem if I try to demon strike without dashing.

Even worse is trying to strike while turning, turning whatsoever kills all momentum.


https://youtu.be/B-QrPKf5Gn8

https://youtu.be/iUcQRlhcacQ


# Steps to reproduce

  1. Start a match as the Oni (Don't need any specific perks or addons)
  2. Collect enough blood orbs to go into demon mode
  3. Try to use demon strike/dash, experiment with different movement speeds or turns. You'll notice how you have weird momentum depending on how you're moving or if you're turning.

I really hope this is just a bug and not some unannounced change, because this feels really bad to play with.

Tagged: Under Review

Comments