Champion of Light not working wirh Flashbang

Hi there! To whom it may concern, I was playing the Alan Wake chapter on the PTB when it was available a few weeks ago. While playing the PTB, I played against a streamer, and I went to check their video after the match.


At one point, I blinded the killer with a Flashbang, from the Flashbang perk, and the hundered effect from Champion of Light was applying to the killer after a successful blind.


Champion of Light states that while shining a flashlight, yoy get 50% haste until you stop shining it. The secondary effect is that after a successful blind, it doesn't say with a flashlight, the killer becomes Hindered by 20% for 6 seconds.


The Hindered effect on the PTB was appying.

When the Alan Wake chapter came to live servers, I tested Champion of Light with Flashbang again and played against another streamer. Checking this person's VOD afterwards, they were blinded by a flashbang of mine, and the Champion of Light Hindered did not apply. The killer was blinded, but no hindered status effect.


I went into customs match with a friend, they used Champion of Light on a Firecracker they brought into the match. I was playing killer and just looked at the Firecracker she threw on the ground. I was blinded, but no Champion of Light Hindered effect. My friend then threw a normal Flashbang and we got the same result. I stared at the explosion, I was blinded, no Champion of Light Hindered.


I don't know if this was a bug on the PTB to apply the effect. Or this is a bug on the live version of the game. But I wanted to bring it to someone's attention. Thank you for you time.

Tagged: Not a Bug

Comments

  • My understanding is that they must be holding a flashlight for Champion of Light to activate. Flashbangs and firecrackers will work but the survivor must be holding a flashlight, even if you're blinding them with something else. Were you and your friend holding flashlights?

  • @Caiman said:

    My understanding is that they must be holding a flashlight for Champion of Light to activate. Flashbangs and firecrackers will work but the survivor must be holding a flashlight, even if you're blinding them with something else. Were you and your friend holding flashlights?

    This also doesn't work. The blind has to come from a flashlight itself, as stated in the patch notes: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/430-7-5-0-alan-wake

    • The Champion of Light Perk no longer applies the Hindered Status Effect to the Killer when blinded by something other than a Flashlight.


  • @Caiman said:

    My understanding is that they must be holding a flashlight for Champion of Light to activate. Flashbangs and firecrackers will work but the survivor must be holding a flashlight, even if you're blinding them with something else. Were you and your friend holding flashlights?

    Holding a flashlight does not make it work on live. I've tested flash bangs and blast mine with champion of light and neither worked. I was holding a flashlight in my hand when the blast mine/flash bang went off, but the hindered effect never applied and perk never went on cool down.