PC - Rift challenge "The Light, it burns!" fired for me even though I didn't do it

Was playing Alan Wake today with the necessary perks and everything, alongside another Alan Wake. Turns out as soon as the match starts, I get the 1/2 notification, even though I was just running around looking for a totem to bless. Then, whilst the other Alan Wake and another survivor are running from the killer (Chucky), the challenge popped up as completed. I don't know if the other Alan Wake blinded Chucky twice or something and it counted for me, but here we go!

Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I would like to note that this also happened to me. I picked Alan Wake with a Green Flashlight and a couple of add-ons, then picked Champion of Light. There happened to be another Alan Wake with a flashlight he brought into the trial (I don't remember his perks).

    We both went up to a generator and worked on it together while the killer chased another player, and after maybe 5 seconds I got 1 of the fulfillments. After maybe another 5 seconds I got the 2nd one.

  • Same happened to me vs The Good guy. I was was crouching behind a rock and challenge completed minutes into match.

  • Also happened to me. Appears to happen whenever the killer is hindered by any means, whether you are the reason or not. I got this challenge done against a Deathslinger because he is Hindered when he aims down sights. Have also had friends that completed this against a Huntress because she is Hindered when she raises a hatchet.