Should people find their own way to "win" casually?

Everyone says about how they get their mmr so high its unfun. And they start throwing on perks like dms,grim embrace, pain res, deadlock. Employ these tactics like tunneling and proxy camping because eventually they get to the point its what they "need to do" because they got so "high" its challenging. In my way to play now i just play for 8 hooks and accept the result as it lies. If they escape before i can get them all. Fair game. If they dont i start finishing off who i find after the 8th hook. This way obviously has dropped my mmr a good bit because people get out a bit more. But i don't find it unfun either since i still get chases and hooks. And the survivors find it more fun since they arent dead 2 minutes into the game for "pressure". So thought id ask. Do you care about kills and putting all your effort in. Or do you have a more fun method?(like i do with the hooks)

Comments

  • i challenge myself to get everybody dead on hook then be friendly until somebody is toxic then u die

    i let the chill ones escape like my old pal Nun_So_Vile

  • If I get 9 emblem points or more then thay's a win for me, which means I win a vast majority of the time!

    Basically, it's down to expectations and what people want out of it. Mine is purely to improve and randomize my Perks, Items, Add-ons and Offerings every single Trial. Ironically, this means I learn more about dealing with my skillset and abilities, rather than be reliant on Perks and builds.

    This translates well, as ultimately I get more escapes than deaths and perform well as Killer with kills. Also, if I find myself against a well-coordinated team who are clearly better than me as Killer, I don't worry about getting a win then, but just go to learn. Sometimes, there have been surprises with this.

    Ultimately, I play to learn and experiment, not to "win". Nothing wrong with the mindset of winning, obviously! Yet by playing to learn also brings in results. It's probably why I enjoy this game.

  • If you find enjoyment playing in a way that doesn't aim for 4 kills, go for it. Just don't judge others for going for kills.