Advanced kill your friends feature with map editor.
Was just thinking about how nice it would be to have something like this. The current KYF allows you to set basic parameters for a match. Perks, the map, etc but not a whole lot more than that. I think it would be amazing if BHVR would consider advanced feature settings such as pallet numbers, number of generators and generators that are required to be done, hooks, etc.
In addition to all these amazing settings imagine if KYF had a custom map editor that allowed you to build your own maps. A large part of DBD's imbalance comes from map design and the plethora of RNG thrown in. If it was possible for the community to build custom balanced maps i think that would also really help DBD be pushed into the E-sports arena. Remove the RNG variables around a carefully designed map and balanced tournaments could be hosted more easily.
Of course this is all just wishful thinking but the possibilities for this would be great. Community content has helped many games survive and thrive over the years. Would be cool to create our own maps in addition to BHVR's.
Comments
A map editor in the steamshop or something would be pretty cool.
I think some really cool map ideas could come from it.
I do think that would be pretty cool, although that would be a huge feature and would take a lot of time to create. I don't know if it would be worthwhile if it were just for KYF, since that would take a lot of development time for something that only a fraction of the community will ever use. Maybe it could be turned into a Steam Workshop type deal where you can create a map, upload it to the workshop, and every once in a while the best ones get turned into official maps with a couple balancing tweaks and a fresh coat of paint.
But again, that's a huge amount of work. I'd love to see it, but I don't know if it would be possible.